Senior Internal Auditor $85 -$110k
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Senior Internal Auditor $85 -$110k
Job ID 2022-7461
We are looking for an Senior Internal Auditor. This is a direct-hire and based in El Monte, CA (onsite).
The Senior Internal Auditor will perform an important role in leading and performing Financial, Operational, Compliance & SOX Audits and various value-add projects under the direction of internal audit management. The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for assisting Internal Audit management with project planning, execution, and reporting.
- CPA, CIA, or other related professional certification is needed
- Additional qualifications, such as CFE, CAMS also preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 4-6 years related audit experience - in a Bank or Financial Services industry preferred but not required.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- Knowledgeable about the financial industry and related markets, related regulatory bodies, and current industry events and trends.
- Deep understanding of risk assessment, audit methodology, and audit execution.
- Strong time management and organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in the execution of assignments and communication with others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal and presentation skills – ability to work closely and collaboratively with people at all levels in the department and within the organization.
- Strong analytical thinker and detail oriented with the ability to proactively identify issues and assist in resolution.
- Excellent computer skills, Proficient in Microsoft Office Products (i.e., Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.).
- Lead the execution of Financial, operational, Compliance and SOX audit process from start to finish, including planning and audit execution according to a risk-based approach, recommending internal control improvements (including operational enhancements or efficiencies) and preparing audit reports. Effectively manage audit budget and deadlines. Provide updates to management on progress.
- Review work performed by other team members where applicable and provide guidance to ensure conclusions are properly supported and work product meets department guidelines.
- Ensure assignments are completed within established time frames and that delays/issues/concerns are communicated to Internal Audit management on a timely basis.
- Partner with process owners to promote and support a culture of continuous process improvement and efficiency driving toward standardized practices.
- Stay abreast of audit and accounting standards and emerging issues in the areas applicable to the company.
- Obtain and maintain a general understanding of business activities, objectives, applicable laws, regulations, and associated risks to the company and industry.
- Responsible for developing the audit staff by performing effective work paper review, preparing constructive interim and annual performance evaluations, and providing training opportunities.
- May participate in various key management committees, acting in an advisory capacity.
- Identify opportunities for, and participate in approved special projects, investigations, or other significant business issues.
About the Client
Our client is one of the largest commercial banks in Southern California.
AddressEl Monte, CA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Solugenix
Get fresh Senior IT Internal Auditor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.