GREAT CONSULTING OPPORTUNITY FOR A SENIOR INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGN CONSULTANT TO WORK AT A PRESTIGIOUS INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT COMPANY IN IRVINE, CA.
Solugenix is assisting a client, a prestigious investment management company, in their search for a Senior Instructional Design Consultant. This is a 6-month contract and will be based out of Irvine, CA. We are looking for someone with strong instructional design skills designing sales training that could be delivered by others. The ideal candidate MUST be an experienced instructional designer, have a MA in Instructional Design (or similar) preferred, but not required, and Advanced Storyline skills. Must work onsite, no remote work. We are NOT looking for a sales trainer. The position will pay $79/hour.
Demonstrates full knowledge in assigned area and is an experienced contributor. Develops sales training curricula and programs with focus on objection handling, sales process and methodologies, selling models, and sales positioning. Has familiarity and experience in the technology used and the industry to design and develop sales curricula and lead projects for sales development.
Primary responsibilities/essential functions:
Develops Sales Force Development curricula and programs
o Develops and creates learning curricula and programs based on identified business and sales needs and using various delivery modes (e.g., instructor-led sessions, eLearning and performance support tools).
o Packages and evaluates curriculum plan/design for effectiveness. Works with subject matter experts to align with business needs.
o Manages projects by scoping, estimating, identifying resources, providing status updates and mitigating risk.
o Builds prototype of learning. Collaborates with subject matter experts to validate information.
o Works with client groups to ensure effective program implementation and ongoing maintenance.
o Partners with appropriate business leaders, managers, and SMEs and conducts discovery sessions including analysis of performance issues and process improvement.
o Identifies training needs and designs implementation plans.
o Provides roadmap of learning development. Identifies expectations, new processes and curriculum materials needed.
o Oversees training packaging to ensure adoption by target audiences.
Researches industry best practices and stays current on trends and technologies. Ensures high-quality deliverables, efficient and effective solutions.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrates ability to plan processes and work for a group or team to assure work is completed in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates ability to lead and manage projects across multiple teams or groups.
- Demonstrates effective facilitation and consultative skills. Proactively anticipates the needs of clients’ groups.
- Demonstrates ability to collaborate and develop/maintain relationships.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of sales training, adult learning practices and instructional design.
- Experiences with sales methodologies (Miller-Heiman, Richardson, and SPIN).
- Familiar with sales roles and sales competency models.
- Experience with business technical areas such as: financial services, retirement planning, advisory, insurance, intermediaries and/or similar.
- Expert at using Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint), Must be able to use existing templates and follow an established style guide.
- Experience using Articulate 360 recommended, but not required.
- 5 years plus experience in instructional design and development with emphasis on sales training
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Instructional Design, or related subject is required.
Please send your resume to Angela.Amoranto@solugenix.com, Talent Acquisition Lead for immediate consideration. We can help you secure an interview!