Founded over 40 years ago, Solotech is a world leader in audiovisual and entertainment technology with 13 strategic locations in Canada, the United States and Europe. Thanks to an inventory from over 300 renowned manufacturers, Solotech is the one-stop-shop for audio, video, lighting, rigging, soft goods, control and collaboration solutions & services. The company is internationally recognized for its expertise in Live Productions and Systems Integration in various markets, namely music, sports, business, culture and education. Solotech employs 1,200 professionals in its offices located in Montreal, Quebec City, Saguenay, Ottawa, Toronto, Las Vegas, Nashville, DeKalb, Los Angeles, Heywood, London and Redditch.
Reporting to the Human Resource Manager, the HR Generalist will contribute to the short, mid, and long-term strategies of the office, aligned with the strategic goal of the company. The HR Generalist will provide front-line support for the US Managers and team as it relates to organizational development, workforce planning, staffing, employee relations, coaching, performance management, organizational learning and development, team building, change management, succession planning, and compliance.
- Provides support to the business unit employees and managers with respect to benefits, compensation, employee relations, leaves of absence and staffing/recruitment;
- Cultivates positive employee relations ensuring confidentiality, establishing trust and credibility;
- Collaborates with management with workforce planning;
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition and Attraction Strategy Manager and hiring managers to execute the full recruitment cycle, to include candidate sourcing, resume screening, scheduling, conducting interviews and participating in the decision-making process;
- Conducts reference checks and compensation analysis for salary recommendations;
- Responsible for the integration and employee onboarding;
- Drives a performance management culture that supports business improvement by ensuring that clear objectives and feedback are aligned with our core values;
- Responds to and provides guidance to management and employees on employee-related issues, complaints, or problems. Counsels, coaches and assists management in handling and addressing employee-related issues. Supports investigations;
- Improves business efficiency and employee management by driving and supporting organizational change;
- Coordinates employee leaves of absence in accordance with local laws and regulations;
- Provides consulting to prevent work accidents and handles health and safety files;
- Collaborates with managers at all levels to drive HR annual activities;
- Ensures the application of HR policies and processes, communicates changes, analyzes HR activities and prepares documentation;
- Targets development opportunities and prepares career plans for key and high potential employees in collaboration with the Managers, HRM and Training and Organizational Development Advisor;
- Participates in the development of special projects (e.g. HRIS);
- Actively participates in company events;
- Other duties as assigned based on business needs.
Level of education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Labor/Employee Relations or in Human Resources Management.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience as a Human Resources Generalist;
- Experience in multiple HR disciplines including talent management, compensation, rewards and recognition, performance management, employee relations, coaching, training and staffing/recruiting;
- Experience developing partnerships and collaborating with other business and functional areas.
- Professional Human Resource Certification (an asset);
- Proficient knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Proficient in US labor standards, health and safety legislation;
- Strong relational and interpersonal skills;
- Active listening skills to manage work and needs of the client;
- Strong focus on team work;
- Autonomy and proactiveness;
- High-level of professional ethical standards;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills;
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to communicate and to write information in a clear and logical way;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capacities;
- Attention to detail, integrity, and data privacy;
- Project Management and Change Management Skills;
- Critical thinking skills to identify alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems;
- Must demonstrate diplomacy and tact while interacting with all levels within and outside the organization;
- Training and presentation skills;
- Knowledge of written and spoken French (an asset);
- Occasional travel may be required.
*We thank all applicants for their interest in Solotech, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.