Controller / Director of Finance
Solomon Search Group Miami, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Controller or Director of Finance
Immediate opportunity in downtown Miami for an experienced finance, accounting and billing professional. The individual will be responsible for finance, accounting and billing, supervising an accountant and ensuring high quality work that meets the needs of the firm and its clients. This position is responsible for all aspects of accounting and finance management for the Firm. The Controller or Director of Finance is responsible for maximizing the return on financial assets, documenting and maintaining compliance with financial policies, and establishing and enforcing financial controls. The candidate must have solid communication, technology, analytical and management skills, along with a comprehensive knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Law Firm experience is preferred.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following duties which include, but are not limited to:
- Performing budget versus actual analysis of fees, cash, billable hours, expenses and other key statistics for the firm as needed; preparing reports and executive summaries
- Supervise and perform all billing functions and transactions
- Supervise and perform expense reconciliations
- Supervise and open matters and prepare budgets for clients/matters
- Supervise and perform accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Supervise and perform bank account reconciliations
- General ledger analysis
- Supervise bank deposits for trust and operating accounts
- Supervising and perform the monthly close-out process including the reconciliation of all accounts and the preparation of monthly financial statements
- Communicating financial results
- Preparing annual budgets for the Firm and updating these budgets to forecasts throughout the year
- Preparing monthly comparative analyses of financial statements versus budgets and presentation of these analyses
- Controlling cash management and creating a forward liquidity projection analysis
- Guiding financial decisions
- Establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures
- Protecting assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls
- Maintaining strict confidentiality of financial information and business plans
- Managing relationships with clients’ personnel, service providers, including banking, attorneys, and accountants
- Assisting with firm operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related field or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Accounting and finance experience, reports and strategy.
- Technologically advanced, aptitude for querying and computer software, experience using current Windows Operating System, Microsoft Office applications, Excel, Pivot Tables, and Elite ProLaw accounting system or similar program preferred.
- Understanding of various client billing guidelines and procedures; “ebilling” experience and proficiency with programs like: Elite ProLaw, TimeSlips, Quickbooks, Abacus, Serengeti/Legal Tracker, TABS3, MyCase, Clio, AIMS, ELMS, Tymetrix, CounselLink, etc.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Aptitude for continuous improvement and efficiencies; strategic planning.
- Critical thinking, analytical and management skills a must
- Excellent organizational skills
- High degree of accuracy
- Close attention to detail.
- Ability to be a self-starter who can manage priorities, meet deadlines, and collaborate with other team members and assist others throughout the firm.
Solomon Search Group
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Solomon Search Group