The Systems Administrator is responsible for the design, organization, modification and support of computer systems, Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks, Intranet / Internet facing systems and all associated network segments for Travel company. This hands-on position will be required to make technical decisions and work closely with cross-functional IT and Operational teams with our North American Specialist (NAS) business.
· Provide top quality support with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness.
· Manage security groups for appropriate access to company files and folders.
· Active Directory management.
· Azure Active Directory management.
· Office 365 management.
· Audit and configure wireless networks.
· Manage local VPN access to Seattle office.
· Manage and create group policies.
· Automate and script IT tasks to gain efficiencies.
· Capture, deploy, and manage all system images, applications, and desired states/configurations.
· Suggest ways to optimize workflows and productivity.
· Upgrade computer hardware.
· Perform RMAs for hardware under warranty.
· Research, resolve, and respond to tickets and questions in a timely manner.
· Provide direct and indirect technical support and be a point of contact for all end user computer systems, printers, and user account related issues.
· Work with minimal supervision and be able to debug, diagnose, and resolve problems reported.
· Manage all local VLANs and subnets.
· Administer Allworx PBX and handsets.
· Deploy and aid in administering Mitel handsets.
· Work with Finance to contribute to IT budget projections and tracking.
· Install and maintain all rack mounted equipment.
· Set appropriate customer expectations and fulfill customer commitments in a timely manner.
· Main point of contact for all IT vendors, contractors, and management.
· Order all equipment for new employees and IT projects and manage all PC and Mac hardware in inventory.
· Perform weekly backup tape swaps using Symantec Backup Exec to LTO3 tape.
· Verify daily/weekly backups and perform restores when necessary.
· Asset management for all hardware.
· Suggest and contribute to creation of IT policies.
· Identify opportunities to gain efficiencies and/or improved delivery of service.
· Perform onsite and remote maintenance; apply software patches and upgrades for all equipment.
· Work closely with division engineers for network and server related issues.
· Conduct IT audits for systems and security policies.
· Follow best practices for implementation and administration of all network devices.
· Train end users on successful use of computer assets and applications.
· Attend and actively participate in IT department meetings.
· Attend and actively participate in company meetings.
· Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed on the network.
· Manage help desk technician(s) with tasking, mentorship / professional development and tickets if escalated.