DevOps Senior Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Solid State's mission is to build and host solutions for government agencies through Harbor|9, a cloud-based modular government platform. Harbor|9 provides a fully integrated suite of solutions via a central, shared infrastructure. Solid State provides its customers a scalable, modernized efficient technology that is easy to use and maintain. We know that our people are our most valuable asset and we are committed to building a high-functioning and cohesive team of motivated, honest, and accountable individuals who are driven toward the company's mission and creating great results for our customers.
Job Title: Senior DevOps Engineer
A technical expert in building out and refining the DevOps discipline within a cloud-first SaaS environment, focused on continuous integration, continuous deployment, promoting the productivity of all of engineering. Responsible for building and maintaining build & release pipelines, infrastructure as code (IaaC) solutions, Kubernetes administration, and Helm charts. This is a senior hands-on technical role that combines architecture with tool and infrastructure development, scripting and programming.
- Design, implement and support DevOps build and release pipelines (Azure DevOps).
- Architect and implement infrastructure as code for cloud assets (Terraform).
- Create, implement, maintain, and optimize Helm charts.
- Assist with containerization of new and existing products
- Administer Azure DevOps Projects and Permissions.
- Monitor and respond to Azure DevOps incidents.
- Work with engineering to deploy and operate cloud services and related projects from development to production.
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale problems and systems.
- Service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system and database tuning.
- Conduct periodic on call duties for DevOps related areas.
Knowledge & Skills Requirements:
- Proficiency with, Docker, Kubernetes (Azure Kubernetes Service), & Helm.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (IaaC), Terraform preferred.
- Skilled in PowerShell scripting.
- Proficient with Visual Studio and C#.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure platform and services, including but not limited to: Azure SQL, App Service Plans, Virtual Networking, Virtual Machines and Storage.
- Knowledge of configuration management tools and source control (Azure Dev Ops, Git, TFS, etc.).
- Exceptional communication skills both written and oral.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Must have self-starting personality, unafraid to display initiative and innovation on the job.
Qualifications: (Minimum qualifications REQUIRED for job)
Education: High School Diploma/GED.
Experience: Experience with Azure DevOps build and release pipelines. Experience working Microsoft SQL Server / Azure SQL
Work Environment & Physical Demands
- Office-based environment involving long periods of time in a static, sedentary position at a desk or work station requiring heavy operation of computer and related office equipment.
- Requires the ability to communicate information (verbally, written, and electronically) and ideas so others will understand. Must be able to exchange accurate information in a dynamic, collaborative, collegial office environment, including with remotely located individuals.
- Ability to manage stress and make decisions under pressure effectively and professionally.
The Senior DevOps Engineer position is a full-time, exempt position under the Fair Labor Standards Act. The Senior DevOps Engineer must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and, if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship to Solid State Operations.
This Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. As the employer, Solid State Operations retains the right to change or assign other duties, responsibilities, or activities to this position, at any time, with or without notice.
Solid State is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer, committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions at Solid State Operations are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national, social or ethnic origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, transgender status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, physical, mental or sensory disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, other non-merit factor(s), or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate, and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Solid State prohibits any such discrimination or harassment.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
TechnologyView all jobs at Solid State