Solenis is a leading global producer of specialty chemicals for water-intensive industries, including the pulp, paper, oil and gas, chemical processing, mining, biorefining, power and municipal markets. The company’s product portfolio includes a broad array of process, functional and water treatment chemistries as well as state-of-the-art monitoring and control systems. These technologies are used by customers to improve operational efficiencies, enhance product quality, protect plant assets and minimize environmental impact. Headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware, the company has 41 manufacturing facilities strategically located around the globe and employs a team of approximately 5,200 professionals in 120 countries across five continents. For additional information about Solenis, please visit www.solenis.com |Twitter | LinkedIn.
Solenis is staffed with great minds and powered by ingenuity. When you join the Solenis team, you become part of a global community of 5,200 experts who work together to provide advanced process and water treatment solutions. Our team members take pride in their ability to think dynamically and help solve our customers’ unique challenges. If you’re interested in becoming a part of our elite team, please explore our current career opportunities.
We currently have an exciting opening for an Equipment Service Technician located in Jacksonville, Fl. Area. Our Equipment Service team, located throughout North America, is responsible for installing and repairing Solenis owned chemical feed equipment at customer locations. The successful candidate will spend their days focused primarily on installing chemical feed equipment at customer locations throughout the tri state area. The ideal candidate will have both a mechanical aptitude and skills and training in electrical troubleshooting coupled with a firm commitment to working safely.
Responsibilities of this role include:
- Installation, troubleshooting and repairing Solenis chemical feed equipment at customer locations
- Effectively manage daily service activity workload at multiple sites including equipment such as:
- PID controlled multi pump systems
- Dry and emulsion polymer feed systems
- Size Emulsifiers
- Biocide generators and feeders
- Chlorine dioxide generators
- Solenis OnGuard branded controllers and testers
- Industrial chemical feed systems
- Maintain and safeguard company assets including plant, fleet, equipment and tools
- Maintain contact with customer on site, communicating effectively and with respect while responding to customer needs to maintain positive customer relationships
- Build and maintain productive relationships with Solenis sales teams to help promote productive customer relationships
- Electronically document all work via a mobile device
- Adhere to all safety requirements, including personal safety, both at customer locations and in compliance with all Solenis policies regarding environmental, health & safety.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Eligibility to work within the USA
- Located within a 45 minute drive of Jacksonville, Fl.
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Ability and willingness to travel within the Fl and Coastal GA area to complete equipment installs (overnight travel estimated at 20%)
- Ability and willingness to work in a hands-on environment and ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability and willingness to work in a constant pushing, pulling, lifting, stretching, bending and other physical activities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills and a disciplined work behavior
- Strong team working skills to meet customer expectations and troubleshoot difficult technical issues
- Self-motivated with a strong desire for continuous, independent learning
- Reading electrical and P&ID schematics
- Previous experience with and working knowledge of chemical feed equipment including troubleshooting
- Proven analytical and troubleshooting ability
- Experience creating simple reports and associated documents
- Experience with electrical and plumbing maintenance in an industrial setting
At Solenis, we understand that our greatest asset is our people. That is why we offer competitive compensation, comprehensive benefits and numerous opportunities for professional growth and development. So, if you are interested in working for a world-class company and enjoy solving complex challenges, whether in the lab or the field, consider joining our team.
Solenis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer, including Minorities / Women/ Veterans / Disabled.
Solenis is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Should you require assistance in applying to this opportunity, please reach out to Solenis Talent Acquisition at 1-888-756-2701. #LI-Pf1