IT System Administrator
Solaris Water Midstream Carlsbad, NM
- Posted: over a month ago
This position will be responsible for all IT setup and deployment. This position will require excellent customer service and communication skills and will regularly interact with other departments and employees across the organization. This position is based in either Midland, TX or Carlsbad, NM and will require regular travel between these offices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs installation, configuration, maintenance, testing, and troubleshooting tasks for technology.
- Diagnose and resolve related hardware/software issues. Track and document all system changes, problems, issues, and work tasks.
- Provisioning of newly procured endpoints to include desktops, laptops, printers, and mobile devices. Perform imaging, desktop support, adds/moves and changes.
- Install OS Patch installation/patch removal (if applicable), OS upgrades and Commercially Available Off-the-Shelf (COTS) software.
- Provide user management account support where Elevated Privileges (EP) may be required.
- Perform software application installation and configuration.
- Utilize log data and system administration tools to diagnose system hardware and software problems, repair, and re-configure or replace defective system components as indicated.
- Perform system monitoring and analysis on assigned systems to discover risks and inadequacies, and provide recommendations on the need for expansion, enhancement or revision.
- Utilize Microsoft System and other tools to troubleshoot performance issues and deploy software packages, which may include Scripting, Anti-Virus and other standard tools.
- Performs inventory functions to include managing pagers and turn-ins including performing media sanitization, disposal and/or turn in of equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and issues identified and implement corrective actions.
- Perform routine audits of systems and software to determine utilization and adequacy for demand, and compliance with current hardware and software site license regulations and requirements.
- Performs general maintenance activities, printer deployment/repair, software installations, prep and equipment refreshes. May include occasionally pulling old cables from server room as needed.
- Perform asset management to include asset inventory, audit and tracking, asset administration and reporting, integrated IT asset portfolio, and history and forecasting, automating the asset management process as necessary.
Education and Skills
- Windows Desktop Platform (Windows 10, XP) Windows server
- Microsoft Office
- Cisco Meraki
- Azure AD, Exchange 365
- Desktop Support
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate technical concepts in an understandable and concise way
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Solaris Water Midstream
TechnologyView all jobs at Solaris Water Midstream