This role is for an experienced, self-directed individual who relishes the challenge to do big things in a lean, fast-moving environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and controls the flow of materials, products, service Items from point of origin to point of delivery.
- Responsible for inventory control, critical parts availability, material handling, import-export licensing, 3P warehousing, Fright carriers'/Suppliers relationship and all shipping/receiving activities.
- Develops and implements logistics plans, budgets, and procedures to maximize compliance with customer needs within budget constraints. Provides financial reporting and reconciliation of inventories.
- Negotiate contracts/Pricing/Services with vendors.
- Ensure service providers SLA's & KPI's are meeting expectations.
- Will work collaboratively with internal leadership and team members throughout the Company to solve proactively and real time logistics and compliance challenges.
- Identify, measure and track key logistics metrics to Minimize Cost and maximum customer satisfaction.
- Will be accountable for the administration required for a physical inventory and reconciliation.
- BA/BS degree in supply chain management or other related field.
- 10+ years' experience in an operations environment with a minimum of 5 years' leadership experience.
- Has worked in a senior leadership role within a global matrix managed multi-site company with manufacturing and supplier operations spread over multiple continents with at least $1 billion in revenue.
- Demonstrated business orientation and proactive leadership that identifies and anticipates problems, issues, and risks to project outcomes and manages those issues in advance of a critical situation.
- Demonstrated success at using rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions.
- Proven record in leading a large organization to new level of performance.
- Has led and developed high performing teams and demonstrated ability to maintain and engage staff.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated, flexible, and comfortable with a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced presentation skills for internal and external executive presentations.
- Operational background required.
- Certification in Lean Six Sigma Master black belt preferred.
- Strong work ethic taking pride in company and team.