Delivery Driver / Warehouse Specialist
- Posted: 4 days ago
- $23 Hourly
The Delivery Driver / Warehouse Specialist provides excellent customer service by making prompt and courteous deliveries of customer orders and performing general warehouse duties.
Helps Solar Engine make a positive impact by:
- Safely delivering merchandise in perfect condition to our customer's location, providing friendly, courteous, and efficient customer service.
- Inspecting delivery vehicles and ensures the safety and security of the entire delivery process including loading and unloading of merchandise.
- Picking, packing and loading orders for delivery
- Contacting customers to confirm delivery details via phone, email, and text.
- Maintaining accurate delivery logs and records, follows all company safety and accident procedures.
- Maintaining an accurate inventory to ensure expedient movement of merchandise.
- Maintaining high standards of cleanliness and maintenance within the working environment including all equipment and tools.
- Inspecting products upon receipt, following all policies and guidelines.
- Greeting clients and answering phones in a prompt, professional and polite manner.
- Obtaining and maintaining comprehensive knowledge of our products.
- Keeping vehicle(s) fueled in accordance to management instructions and business needs and notifies management of needed repairs.
- Following all safety rules and applicable laws.
- Supporting with all other duties as assigned by manager.
Location: Cranbury, NJ
- A valid NJ state issued driver's license, Commercial license preferred but not required
- Submit to the following prior to employment:
- Pre-employment drug screening
- Physical screening and obtain a DOT Medical Card
- Background check
- Motor vehicle record check
- Must obtain Hazmat certification within 3 months of hire
- 1-3 years of successful recent work experience as a commercial delivery driver, in a warehouse environment.
- Good communication skills and can read invoices, use computer terminals to look up information.
- Use a hand truck, understand assemblies, and correctly operate small power tools.
- Obtaining forklift certification is required at some of our facilities.
- Driver's must be 21 years or older.
- This position will be subject to random and post-accident drug screening.
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must be detail-oriented, be able to interact with cross-functional teams, be organized, and have the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Act as a flexible and innovative team player.
Compensation for this role for a candidate based in Colorado is expected to be $23.00 per hour and for a candidate in NYC is expected to be $23.00 per hour, but may be higher or lower in other States due to geographic differentials in the labor market.
Transportation and Storage
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?