Robot Operations Engineer
ABOUT SOLANA RECRUITMENT
Solana Recruitment Services is a true strategic partner in all aspects of search and placement. We bring a wealth of knowledge and success in placing candidates into positions from entry to the C-Level. Our customizable approach to recruitment services helps our partners build their best hiring practices, employee development programs, and retention goals.
It is our passion for search and career placement that really sets us apart. Our goal is to provide a quality hiring and onboarding process to each and every one of our candidates. We will be your advocate from your first interview screen until the day you begin your new opportunity. It is imperative to us that your first experience with our client is a positive one.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our Client has proven artificial intelligence software enables robots that efficiently and accurately extract valuable and recyclable materials from the waste stream. Their technology is improving the recycling industry. Venture-capital backed and located in desirable Louisville, Colorado, our client is a leader in the robotics and artificial intelligence revolution. We are looking for outstanding new team members to help them grow.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are looking for someone comfortable operating within Linux such as a Linux system administrator or junior developer to join our robotics software team. Your primary responsibility will be to configure, upgrade, and monitor our growing fleet of advanced sorting robots, and to continue to improve the automation of our processes. This is cutting edge technology in the world of industrial automation so you should enjoy being experimental, be ready to rapidly iterate, and have the know-how to manage reliable and repeatable systems.
· Commission new robot control PCs, ensure software versions, configurations, and VPNs are set up correctly. Configure and calibrate cameras.
· Roll out neural network and software updates to deployed systems.
· Monitor production systems, troubleshoot problems, resolve or escalate.
· Add to and improve our automation of these tasks using bash, python, and Ansible.
· Be present at installs to configure, calibrate, and commission systems.
· Travel to site to troubleshoot problems and perform hardware and software changes (make configuration changes, debug loose cables, swap components on PCs).
· Support personnel in the field from the command line as needed.
· Strong proficiency in Linux command line.
· 2+ years professional experience or CS degree with internships.
· Ability to collaborate closely with a cross-functional team.
· Excitement about robotics, artificial intelligence, and recycling.
· Willingness to travel up to twice a month.
Experience with: C++, ROS, Python, Ansible.
- Competitive Salary
- Our client offers medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k plan, PTO, paid sick leave, flexible work time, company lunches twice a month, and weekly yoga sessions!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Solana Recruitment and all of our clients are equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, our clients comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.