Global Product Sector Leader, Medical Supplies
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
SOL-MILLENNIUM Medical Group is an entrepreneurial global healthcare company dedicated to the research and development, manufacture and distribution of high-quality medical devices that support best clinical practice while protecting healthcare workers and their patients from the risks associated with needlestick injury.
The Company sells a broad range of medical products and services to hospitals, veterinary groups, medical supply companies, government health departments and scientific research facilities in 40 around the world. We operate facilities in twelve countries, including R&D hubs in Switzerland and China. At the outset of the Covid-19 coronavirus crisis, Sol-Millennium introduced a broad range of PPE and related products for use by hospital professionals, patients, and first responders, and other community organizations. During the Covid-19 coronavirus crisis, Sol-Millennium introduced a broad range of protective devices for use by hospital professionals, patients, and first responders, among community organizations. Sol-Millennium also supplies syringes and needles for use in vaccination campaigns around the world.
Sol-Millennium has an immediate need for a Global Product Sector Lead to be based in Chicago. This person will lead the Medical Supplies Business Unit (BU) globally. The BU Leader will be accountable for revenue growth and gross profit. The leader takes ownership of the relevant planning, budgeting, pricing, and launch processes, working closely with regional sales teams, regional marketing leaders, and cross-functional colleagues in QARA, supply chain, R&D, and finance. Provides data and essential competitive, market, and customer information to support strategic decisions on product portfolio, pricing, distribution and channel management, promotion, and product roadmaps.
Responsibilities & Duties:
Primary responsibilities include growing the global revenues and profits of the BU, strategically building the product portfolio, and developing and executing product positioning and pricing strategies. In building out the BU’s product portfolio, the position works closely with upstream sourcing and R&D teams to bring products to market at the optimum cost, quality, functionality, and capacity requirements. The BU Leader will develop and execute downstream product marketing plans that support regional growth and profitability goals, customer needs, and the Company’s geographic expansion strategies.
Product Strategy and Planning
- Active participation in the development and execution of product strategy and annual marketing planning.
- Monitors the competition and the competitive products development, keeping local marketing and sales team updated on the current market situation.
New Product Launches
- Developing and implementing launch activities for new products, including ensuring all elements of the market mix are considered, along with Company defined launch processes. Must work closely with downstream Regional and local marketing and sales teams to provide direction on positioning, pricing, and distribution tactics.
- Collaborate with Company regulatory teams and with regulatory agencies to address any issues.
- Ensure constant feedback on activities progress.
Work Experience & Skills:
- At least 5 years’ experience in marketing and product management in high volume disposable medical devices with specific exposure to the technical, commercial, competitive, and clinical issues associated with the BU’s product portfolio.
- Upstream and downstream marketing with strategic focus on building product portfolio at planned cost of goods, capacity, and pricing requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in building a multi-product category or group, including developing and launching new products.
- Proven track record in successful product management, including establishing solid business relationships with internal and external partners, including third-party sources of supply.
- Strong presentation and communication skills. Proficient software skills across all standard programs (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Multi-regional geographic experience in international markets.
- The experience necessary to expand market access.
- Experience in:
Personal Qualities & Behavioral Traits:
- Self-Motivated, results driven, high energy and teamwork ability. Good analytical and inferring skills. Entrepreneurial.
- Work standard: ability to operate with a fair degree of autonomy, to set priority and teamwork.
- Comfortable working in a fluid and rapidly changing work environment.
- High flexibility.
- Bachelors’ degree in sciences, medicine, engineering, or business administration
- Post-graduate courses in biological or other medical or engineering-related discipline.
Sol-Millennium requires all employees starting in this position to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19. Proof of full vaccination is required on start date.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. The level of this position will be based on the final candidate’s qualifications.
Sol-Millennium is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Get fresh Global Medicine jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.