- Medical , Paid Time Off
SOL Engineering firm has an opportunity for a Controller that is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, ensure that reported results comply with general accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards and strong knowledge of Cost Accounting Standard (CAS), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense. Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR), and Government Auditing Standards (GAS).
- Manages, develops, and controls program for government sales of equipment, materials, products, or services.
- Establishes effective business contacts with government agencies to establish volume potential, price schedules, discount rates, and shipping schedules.
- Negotiates contracts with government, and requests amendments to or extensions of contracts within authorized limits.
- Prepares bids, process specifications, test and progress reports, and other exhibits that may be required.
- Examines estimates of material, equipment, and production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals, and advises dealers and distributors concerning sales advertising techniques.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, volume potential, price schedules, and discount rates, and develops sales campaigns to accommodate goals of company.
- May analyze and control expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- May advise planning and production departments of contractual rights and obligations.
- May act as liaison between company and subcontractors.
- Provides detailed cost information not supplied by general accounting systems, applying principles of cost accounting.
- Provide comprehensive financial updates to senior management by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points.
- Prepares financial statements and reviews them for accuracy. Handles preparation of the annual budget and forecasts needs.
- Provides taxes to relevant government agencies. Assures that accounting needs are completed within required timelines.
- Coordinates annual accounting filings.
- Reviews inventory information and performs necessary calculations.
- Manages company cash flow.
- Reviews accounting processes and works on improving inefficiencies.
- Guide financial decisions by applying company policies and procedures to current economic landscape.
- Develop, implement, and maintain financial controls and guidelines.
- Achieve budgeting goals with proper scheduling, analysis, and corrective action.
- Maximize payroll efficiency through innovative process development.
- Help develop and support short and long-term operational strategies.
- Manage and monitor all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate Generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP standards) and regulatory requirements as well as the requirements of private contributions, loans, and government contracts.
- Maintain internal control safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs and both team and organizational budgets and actual expenditures.
- In conjunction with the Principal/CFO, establish financial and operating benchmarks, budgets, program monitoring, and reporting standards on a bi-weekly, monthly, and annual basis.
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs, upholding federal, state, and local legal standards by remaining knowledgeable about existing, new, and future legislation.
- Develop and enforce internal controls to maximize protection of company assets, policies, procedures, and workflow.
- Oversee and support accounting team with dynamic leadership that creates an environment of trust and productivity.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to staff as relates to accounting practices, policies, and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or related field and 5+ years proven accounting experience as a senior accountant or financial manager.
- Government Contracting experience a plus.
- CPA highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of finance law and regulatory standards (GAAP).
- Strong understanding of economic and banking processes.
- Proven payroll experience, with a focus on streamlining accounting processes.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local tax compliance regulations and reporting.
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include knowledge of Excel and financial management systems, JAMIS experience a plus.
We offer a competitive salary, health benefits and paid vacation. Veterans and HUBZone residents are encouraged to apply.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sol Engineering Services LlcHuntsville, AL
Finance and Insurance
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.