Family Support Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Under the guidance of the Program Manager the Family Support Specialist provides parent education and case management/supportive services to families in recovery at the Sojourner House MOMS residential program.
- Conducts family assessments, develops treatment plans and updates progress in meeting goals.
- Provides individual sessions as required by treatment plan and level of client need.
- Responsible for family case management - referral and linkage to family support services, children and youth serving agencies, family court, and agents involved with family reunification and permanency planning.
- Monitors client involvement in external services and ensures coordination of the service package with in-house recovery housing.
- Provides weekly childcare.
- Responsible for documenting and meeting quality assurance standards, regulatory compliance, and achieving program and client outcome goals.
- BS Degree in child development, early education, or related field plus at least one year of paid experience preferred - OR – AS Degree in child development, early education, or related field with at least two years of applicable paid experience required. High school diploma or GED equivalent plus 3 years paid experience.
- Current/valid Driver's License and ability to drive a 12 passenger van as needed to escort residents within the East End and surrounding communities.
- Provide support in criminal/legal issues.
- Understanding of child development, positive parenting methods, and the dynamics of substance abuse, maternal addiction, and recovery methods.
- Working knowledge of community resources, e.g., DPW, food banks, recovery groups, parenting resources, and child and family education and recreation.
- Basic computer skills to ensure accurate client notes and documentation.
- Cultural sensitivity and the ability to maintain professional level confidentiality.
- Full-time, flexible, availability to work 40 hours per week, 9 AM – 5 PM, plus participate in some required evening and weekend training's, and on-call rotation to meet the Sojourner House’s 24 hours/7days per week service requirement.
SPECIAL CRITERIA• Because of program treatment philosophy, persons identified with - or who have been diagnosed with - an alcohol or other drug dependence must be abstinent for at least two years prior to employment and remain abstinent throughout employment. All candidates must be willing to adhere to the Substance Abuse/Drug Free Workplace policy including pre-employment screening. • Ability to acquire State child abuse & FBI clearances (employer reimbursed - after contingent offer.) • Must obtain initial and annual TB (PPD) testing (employer reimbursed - after hire.) • Must attend and participate in all program and position specific required training (after hire.)
Powered by JazzHR
GovernmentView all jobs at Sojourner House