Assist Estimating Manager by performing all major estimating functions. Responsibilities will include the improvement of existing accounts as well as generation and development of new accounts. Continue to implement our growth strategy and overall brand perception to maximize market share. Project evaluation and assessment of scope will be critical to manage sensitive projects.
Duties and Responsibilities (will be released with experience)
1. Perform all major estimating functions which include: project scope evaluations, takeoffs, production calculations, bid computation, and final proposal preparation. Have well rounded knowledge in all facets of construction and markets (Public Works, Residential, Renewable Energy, Federal. Mining, etc.)
2. Involved with the prioritizing, scheduling, and managing the bid identification process to award. Manage new job search engines and evaluation of new jobs to present in weekly estimating meetings.
3. Conducts networking calls, post bid reviews, meeting and lunches to keep up with the market, and enhance client relations.
4. Forward planning with Estimating Manager, VP of Operations, and VP of Business Development to ensure establishment of project specifications with clients and municipalities that will lead to future negotiated work or bid opportunities. Maintenance and growth of established and expanding general contractor relationships.
5. Create a high profile for yourself and Soil-Tech through leadership in associations, boards, and meetings that relate to our industries. Progressive in relationship development for new project creation and value engineered pricing for all bids.
6. Time management, critical analysis, and organization skills are highly critical to this multifaceted position.
· Basic knowledge of drafting/estimating software (OST, Bluebeam, AutoCAD, etc)
· Proficient use of the following Microsoft Office Products
o Microsoft Word
o Microsoft Excel (extensive knowledge of formulas and formatting)
o Microsoft Power Point
o Microsoft Project
· Basic knowledge of job costing/accounting software (Spectrum, American Contractor, etc.)
· Excellent writing and editing skills
· Task oriented and driven
· Exceptionally strong communication and interpersonal skills
Las Vegas, NV