Front Desk Agent - Holloway House
- $23 Hourly
Who We Are…
We are a collection of members' clubs, restaurants, hotels, workspaces and cinemas, catering to those in the film, media, fashion and creative industries. The company has unique ventures throughout the UK, USA, Canada, Europe and Asia, with new openings planned globally. Soho House is a space for its diverse membership and teams to connect, grow, have fun and make an impact.
At Soho House, the Front Desk Agent, assist with checking members in to the property and hotel guests into their room as well as streamline various inquiries, risks and other matters that arise. The Front Desk Agent is responsible for receiving payments and balancing cash at end of a shift. As a Front Desk Agent, you will be well-versed with the property layout, briefed on special offers (when applicable), restaurant/F&B options and other amenities but not limited to gym, spa and shared workspace.
A successful Front Desk Agent is hospitable by nature, pro-active, capable multi-tasker as well as level-headed, professional in demanding and fast paced environments.
- Primary point of initial contact for members, guests and staff and must ensure all visitors are welcomed with open arms and provided with top-notch service from the moment they enter a Soho House & Co property
- Expert in performing all concierge duties as required including, but not limited to; booking cars, tickets to shows, restaurant reservations, spa reservations, etc.
- Answer incoming emails and inquires via various digital portals members and guests have access to as well as printing/scanning documents for members and guests joining us in rooms (hotel)
- Responsible for knowing any updates regarding hours of operation, reservation restrictions and matters that will result in change of workflow by communicating with all departments daily
- Handle all accounting related inquiries (i.e. sending folios, fielding disputes, billing, receipts, refund requests) as well as walkout retrievals and keep all lost credit cards in safe
- Comfortable discussing Soho House amenities, room types, room descriptions, rates and availability as well as suggesting room preferences that increase revenue stream and elevate guest experience
- Delegate support for members and guests to valet and luggage storage to the bell attendant and/or butler
- Team player with general phone etiquette and participate in Daily Shift briefings.
- At least 1 year of similar role or customer service / facing role
- Must be okay with multi-tasking, answering high-volume phone lines and answering inquiries professionally (face to face), timely and to the best of your abilities.
- Quick learner or have OpenTable, Salesforce, Google Sheets and/or Opera
- Problem solving skills and bring conflict resolution to any anticipated or current matter
- Detail oriented, articulate and ability to multi-task in a high-volume and demanding work environment
- Strong communication skills and ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Flexible schedule and ability to work nights, weekends and holiday's (as needed)
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift at least 40 pounds.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required.
Why work with us...
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you're seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employees are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day's + vacation days
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically
- Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Team Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.
- Rate: $23 per hour
Opportunities for all…
Soho House was created to bring diverse communities of people together, and we take the same approach when building our teams. We thrive on differences and believe it is critical to our success as a global company. Soho House is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that seeks to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We therefore encourage applications from all genders, races, religions, ages and sexual orientations, as well as parents, veterans, people living with disabilities, and any other groups that could bring diverse perspectives to our business.
Soho House & Co.West Hollywood, CA
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.