Application Technical Owner
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for the overall system design. Documents development requirements for database, applications, and operation system environment. Consults with end users to test and debug applications to meet client needs. Serves as expertise in all aspects of designing and application development. May conduct training to IT Staff. Requires a bachelor's degree and may be expected to have an advanced degree in area of specialty and 8 or more years of experience in the field or in a related area. Demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks. May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor or specialist.
Scope of Work
The State of Colorado is seeking an innovative and passionate Application Technical Owner for the Department of Human Services.
As an Application Technical Owner for CDHS, ensure CDHS' Office/Division product application(s) to achieve its vision and goals by creating architectural blueprint(s) that is aligned with Office/Division desired operational outcomes that's design focused on applications qualities such as security, reliability, scalability, and maintainability.
The Application Technical Owner is responsible for the overall design of application(s) for the Office/Division product that supports the CDHS Office/Division to achieve better outcomes and improve its architectural posture.
- Assess the current state of application(s) architecture and determine its future state with associated roadmap in order to support application/product operations
- Provide leadership and subject matter expertise in application design and execution to meet both functional and non-functional requirements in alignment
- Strive to innovate and close technical debt
- Evolve the usage of architecture models and patterns, reference architectures, guidelines, etc.
- Create an engaging and influencing set of guidance to help implement technical governance
- Key deliverables will include, but not limited to, developing System Architecture Document, contextual and conceptual architecture views for the application(s), technology plan(s), architecture review & design, and security champion
- Work closely with leadership, tech leads, developers, scrum masters, project managers to ensure that all stakeholders have the necessary direction and feedback to deliver product features at regular intervals, on-time, and with high-quality
- 6+ years of leading software development teams, solutioning across multiple platforms and paradigms with agile process management, financial management, resource management, and demand management capabilities
- 4+ years of experience with running large/complex projects with multiple dependencies
- Experience in the public sector and Human Services is a plus
- Professional and hands on experience in leading and building globally distributed, remote, Mainframe, Distributed and Cloud technology teams and tech stacks with high availability and reliability
- Strong technology affinity and experience, as well as attention to detail and the ability to design, execute against strategic goals
- Knowledgeable of Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC), Continuous Integration/Delivery (CI/CD), Process Engineering (Technical), Project Management processes and improvements
- Experience leading legacy technology stack is a plus
- Application Architecture
- Cloud (AWS/AzureCloud/GCP)
- Arch Models (Viewpoints/4+1/IEEE42010)
- Arch Patterns (ADR-MVC/SOA/Microservices/Layers)
- Software Platforms (.NET/Java)
- Cloud Platforms (IaaS/PaaS/SaaS)
- Software Development (SDLC/Agile)
- Design Patterns (Domain-specific/Creational/Structural/Behavioral patterns)
- Markup Languages (HTML/XML/SAML/YAML/RAML)
Nice to have
- Data Architecture
- Relational DB (Oracle/MSSS/RDS/Aurora)
- Distributed Database (Dynamo/Cosmos/Graph)
- Security Architecture (Cyber/Information//Application/Network/Server Security)
- Infrastructure Architecture (Server/Network Administration)
- Ability to define and communicate strategy and influence across offices/divisions within agency and then execute in a dynamic environment
- Ability to build strong and trusted relationships and promote collaboration at the leadership level
- Ability to effectively influence teams and partners in delivering technology enabled features that meet application operational needs
- Ability to help identify talent, recruit, hire, and build high performance leaders in teams
- Ability to mentor, and provide timely performance feedback; experience setting technical direction, and tracking progress
- Ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment across
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
Get fresh Technical Contract jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.