As a Senior Software Engineer, you will use your deep UI engineering and creative skills to take an influential role in iterating and continuously deploying new features, functionality, and products to our customers. You will be an important part of a lean DevOps and automation culture where we'll be looking for you to collaborate with the backend and product teams to drive UI architecture, champion UI code quality, and to build optimized experiences for our end-users. We want someone that has grown up through the web software development ranks - possessing 8-10 years experience in designing and architecting highly scalable and performant web applications while doing highly creative, detail oriented front-end web development.
- Provide hands on UI engineering leadership
- Collaborate with other leads to design and architect cloud native and service-oriented UI components and applications
- Collaborate with team and peers to design complex applications, peer review code, and suggest optimization
- Enable continuous deployment by championing quality engineering practices: linting, unit testing, web UI testing, pipeline automation
- Reason logically and creatively, identifying problems, drawing valid conclusions from the data available, and develop effective solutions while applying creative thinking in the design and development of high performing web applications
- Collaborate with and influence product teams to build and maintain design system standards, processes, and adoption
- Check-in valuable, clean code on a daily basis that adds new features and capabilities
- Create reference implementations for the purpose of mentoring and leading more junior staff (when required)
- Help define engineering best practices and provide technical mentorship
- Investigate and resolve any production issues from end user (UI) to persistence layer and work to prevent them
- Work with project managers to ensure that all project deliverables are on time and high quality
- Assist in rapid prototyping of design concepts in order to prove and test ideas with end-users
- Have 4+ years of experience in web application development or software engineering in a large enterprise environment using modern frameworks
- Have expertise with reactive programming using a best of breed UI stack: React/Reactive Native, Redux, TypeScript, SCSS, Jest, Enzyme, Selenium/Nightwatch, SauceLabs, Webpack, Babel, Node/Express, oAuth 2.0/JWT
- Have a track record of championing quality engineering: be adamant that all UI code is written in a way that can be tested both with unit tests and automated UI tests
- Have a strong understanding of (and be opinionated about) browsers, devices, OS, and other user agent interoperability and compatibility concerns
- Have hands on DevOps experience with AWS, CI/CD pipelines, Docker
- Have experience working with high-performing teams using Agile and Lean methodologies and frameworks
- Be a perfectionist who makes sure every pixel is in the right place
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Care about your craft and have opinions about the right way to do things with technology
- Mobile development - iOS/Android
Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Info Sys/Eng
Masters degree in Computer Science, Info Sys/Eng
Don't delay. Join the Software Resources team today!
Software Resources specializes in connecting talented IT professionals with challenging job opportunities that transform jobs into careers.
To meet our clients hiring needs, we continuously source talented IT Professionals with all levels of expertise and in all disciplines. We offer world class major medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) with match, short term disability, Life Insurance and AD&D. You, our future employees, can make a tremendous difference to our company and our clients. Please apply to this job and experience the Software Resources difference. You can view all of our jobs at https://www.softwareresources.com/careers/
Software Resources is a national staffing and recruitment firm delivering the best candidates to our clients and the best jobs to our candidates since 1992.
We are a certified woman owned business in business to place contract, contract-to-hire, and direct-hire talent in Technology (IT, creative, marketing), finance, accounting, and executive-level positions. We serve many vertical markets including Entertainment/Media, Cruise Industry/Leisure travel, Hospitality, Government, Personal Care, Professional Services, Energy/Utilities, Security, and Financial Services.
Headquartered in Lake Mary, FL in the Orlando metro area, we have branches and sales professionals across the US. Wherever you're located and whatever the need, count on Software Resources to provide exceptional candidates who are fully vetted and ready to go. Call (800) 774-8036 or visit us online at https://www.softwareresources.com/ and leave the recruiting to us!