Head of HR Business Partners
Software AG is a global leader in enterprise software solutions, empowering businesses to integrate, innovate, and transform their operations. With a rich history spanning over 50 years, we specialize in providing cutting-edge technologies that enable our clients to drive digital transformation, optimize business processes, and gain a competitive edge in their industries. Our comprehensive portfolio includes solutions for integration, analytics, IoT, and much more, serving diverse sectors ranging from finance and healthcare to manufacturing and government.
Joining Software AG means becoming part of a dynamic, collaborative, and inclusive culture where your work will have a significant impact. As a member of the HR Leadership Team, you will shape and execute HR strategies for a global organization, driving employee development, engagement, and aligning our workforce with business objectives. With opportunities for career growth, exposure to diverse markets, and the chance to make a difference in the lives of thousands of employees worldwide, Software AG is the ideal choice for HR professionals seeking a challenging and rewarding leadership role.
As a Head of HR Business Partnering, you will play a critical role in driving the success of our organization by overseeing the HR support for our business units. Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO), you will be responsible for the following key areas:
Strategic HR Leadership
• Be a driving force as part of the senior leadership team, using HR strategy to support business objectives.
• Collaborate with business leaders to align HR strategies with the overall company objectives and drive organizational effectiveness.
• Develop trusted relationships with ELT members and senior management, line management and functional team members to proactively support business needs and drive the people agenda for the business.
• Champion, implement and maintain an effective communication strategy for employees.
• Provide guidance and thought leadership on talent management, employee engagement, organizational design, succession planning, and change management.
• Lead well-planned and implemented organizational change efforts, ensuring employee impact is at the forefront of organizational decisions.
• Cultivate a vibrant coaching and mentoring culture throughout the organization to drive professional development and growth.
• Provide constructive feedback to individuals and line managers as appropriate, to ensure the right behaviors and competencies are modeled in the organization.
• Deliver a scalable people plan to include Performance Management, Engagement and Retention, DE&I, Reward and Recognition.
Employee Relations and Performance Management
• Work with leaders and employees to establish and maintain a high-performance culture and positive work environment, encouraging the full use of diverse talents and abilities.
• Guide and support managers in performance management initiatives, including goal setting, performance reviews, and career development.
• Partner with the HR Operations team to oversee employee relations matters, including investigations, conflict resolution, and disciplinary actions.
Talent Acquisition and Development
• Collaborate with the Talent Acquisition team to identify and attract top talent, ensuring a diverse and inclusive workforce.
• Drive employee development initiatives, including training and leadership development programs, to enhance skills and competencies across the organization.
• Support succession planning efforts to identify and develop high-potential employees for future leadership positions.
• Coach senior leaders to enhance their individual leadership skills, cultivate their talent, distinguish exceptional performance, and foster an inclusive environment that embraces diversity.
• Ensure that pipeline management, people forecasting, and resourcing are aligned to the strategic workforce planning model and processes.
HR Analytics and Reporting
• Leverage data and analytics to provide insights on HR metrics and trends, enabling data-driven decision-making.
• Develop and implement HR reporting frameworks to track key performance indicators, such as employee turnover, engagement, and diversity.
• Conduct in-depth analysis of HR data to identify patterns, trends, and opportunities for improvement in areas such as recruitment, performance management, and employee development.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop predictive models and workforce analytics that inform workforce planning, succession planning, and talent acquisition strategies.
• Lead and develop a team of HR Business Partners, fostering their professional growth and maximizing their potential.
• Ensure proper resource allocation, monitor performance, and drive process improvement to enhance operational efficiency.
• Develop new approaches, policies, and procedures to encourage continual improvements in business and HR efficiency/effectiveness, and lead change management initiatives.
• Embed Diversity, Equity and Inclusion into all people processes, including further developing initiatives and measures of success for DE&I.
Required Skills & Experience
To excel in this role, the ideal candidate should possess the following skills and experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
• 10+ years of progressive HR experience, including at least 5 years in a leadership role overseeing HR functions.
• Strong knowledge of global HR best practices, employment laws, and regulations.
• Demonstrated experience in strategic HR planning and execution.
• Proven track record of building and maintaining effective relationships with senior leaders and business stakeholders.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and negotiate at all levels of the organization.
• Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities, coupled with a proactive and results-driven mindset.
• Experience in a global organization or a complex, matrixed environment is highly desirable.
• Professional certification in Human Resources (e.g., PHR, SPHR, SHRM-SCP, or equivalent).
• Experience working in the technology industry or a similarly fast-paced, innovative sector.
• Familiarity with Workday for talent management, performance management, and analytics.
Keys to Success
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following qualities and behaviors:
• Strategic mindset: Able to think holistically and align HR initiatives with business objectives.
• Leadership excellence: Proven ability to lead and inspire teams, fostering a culture of collaboration and continuous improvement.
• Business acumen: Understand the industry landscape, market trends, and the organization's competitive position to provide effective HR support.
• Agility and adaptability: Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, adapting quickly to changing priorities and business needs.
• Influential communication: Ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and concisely, adapting communication style to different audiences.
• Customer focus: Dedicated to delivering exceptional HR support and solutions to meet the needs of employees and business units.
Software AGReston, VA
BusinessView All Software AG Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.