Senior IT Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Softrim is a well-established technology service provider with offerings that include Managed IT Services, Low Voltage, A/V, Signage, Life Safety, and more. We are a Managed Services Provider (MSP) with offices in Estero FL (HQ), Alpharetta GA, and Dallas TX.
We are looking for a candidate to lead all aspects of IT as a senior engineer including troubleshooting, training, and implementation of systems while providing superior support for your team members and clients. The candidate should have strong experience in troubleshooting networks and networking infrastructure, servers, and desktops and also possess exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Design and implement networking, storage, server and client operating systems, Active Directories, wireless and wireline connectivity, and security/intrusion systems
- Troubleshoot and resolve Tier 3 technical support issues and act as the primary and final escalation point
- Interface with high-level managers and principals at client businesses while managing their needs and expectations
- Assist clients and team members with business technology concerns, repairs, and improvements
- Provide clients with technical expertise on Windows desktop/server technologies, peripherals, networking, and cloud-based solutions
- Administer Microsoft Active Directory and Email/O365 user accounts
- Troubleshoot network connectivity and work with wireless controllers, access points, routers, firewalls, and network switches
- Support network infrastructure (e.g., Ubiquiti), WAN, LAN, and Firewalls (e.g., SonicWall)
- Perform preventive and proactive maintenance and support as needed
- Proactively determine ways to improve support and service
- Evaluate, recommend, and execute new technologies to ensure optimal desktop infrastructure and network performance
- Assist team members with appointments, projects, and requests as needed
- Collaborate with team members and engineers/senior engineers to resolve complex issues
- Maintain an open line of communication regarding events, outstanding issues, and customer follow-up and inform management of critical issues
- Accurately record all time and notes for work performed
- Document all work performed in the ticketing system (ConnectWise)
- Maximize billable status for work performed
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate degree or equivalent experience
- 8 years of working experience maintaining, troubleshooting, and supporting various technology environments
- Demonstrate working knowledge and hands-on networking, firewall, routing, and switching experience
- Strong customer service and active listening skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Strong interpersonal and client management skills are a must
- Ability to handle client interactions professionally and respectfully
- Highly motivated and organized with an attention to detail and a passion for computers
- Travel to client sites is occasionally required
- CompTIA A+, Network+, HDI, ITIL certification is a plus
- Microsoft certifications
- Strong familiarity with all aspects of Microsoft 365 and back-office/cloud platforms
- Firewalls, switching, and routing
- Storage, backup, and recovery
- Operating systems (Windows/MacOS/Linux)
- Familiarity with ConnectWise ticketing system, Labtech, Bomgar, Ubiquiti, SonicWall, VOIP, Mobile Device Management (MDM), technical documentation
Full-time, Exempt, Salary. Eligible for benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, disability) and 401(k) after introductory period. Typical business hours are from 8:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. with a lunch break, Monday thru Friday, excluding company-observed holidays. After-hours work may be required.
Get fresh Salaried CCNA jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.