Tester with Travel domain
- To create UAT Project Plans and all applicable testing documentation needed through all phases of the project
- To manage the test effort according to the UAT timelines
- To identify and communicate UAT testing status, risks, and defects
- To interpret business requirements, identify test approach, and build robust test scripts
- To work with and support other Business Travel departments to ensure the testing effort products a high-quality release
- Coordinates all activities and all testers during each testing phase of a project or program
- Co-operates with clients/users and senior staff as required to agree the testing strategy to be employed for development projects.
- Maintains awareness of testing alternatives at a level where they can be analyzed and the most effective testing strategy selected and agreed
- Utilizes testing knowledge and experience to assess and advice on the practicality of testing process alternatives.
- Ensures that any risks associated with the agreed test strategy and the system test plan are clearly documented and described to the clients/users and colleagues.
- Provides authoritative advice and guidance to colleagues on any aspect of testing, including training for testers and other developers where appropriate.
- Plans, arranges and controls meetings, workshops and relations with client/user staff during test planning and throughout subsequent development and testing activities.
- Strong project management skills; Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Understanding of Agile/SDLC and/or Method1. Business analysis, process reengineering, change management skills; Six Sigma familiarity helpful
- High quality written and verbal communication skills, as well as relationship management skills
- Previous experience with the use of web based test management tools and/or use of the Mercury suite of test management tools
- Must possess strong analytical, through leadership, innovation and organizational skills
- Must possess a strong commitment to quality assurance, adaptability, change management, and team work
- 3+ Years' experience managing product and capability portfolios with a strong technology focus
- 3+ Year experience in the Travel industry
- 3+ Years' experience in project management
- Ability to work in a fast pace, dynamic, virtual environment with many global stakeholders Consultative and negotiation skills to manage challenging situations
- Experience with vendor and contract management
- High level of technical aptitude
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Typically holds a Bachelor's degree, or has equivalent work experience
- Experience in SQL is a plus
- Experience in web services is a plus
- Experience with one or more Global Distribution System (GDS) is a plus