We recently moved to a brand new work space that has cool features such as team collaboration areas, automatic height-adjustable desks, game room and a market area with gourmet coffee, free sodas and a flavored sparkling beverage system as well as discounted healthy food offerings!
SoftPro has received national recognition for our excellent customer service and products and we were recently recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Triangle Business Journal for the 8th year in a row!
What are we looking for?
SoftPro is seeking an experienced Scrum Master in our Raleigh, NC office who will support the adoption of Agile, has expert knowledge of the scrum ceremonies and practices, demonstrated experience leading teams from waterfall to agile, a deep commitment to servant leadership and an appetite for continuous learning, coaching and training.
What will I do as a Scrum Master at SoftPro?
Ensure the team is adhering to Agile values and principles through facilitation, coaching and modeling agile values and behaviors. Additionally, you will
- Create a positive work environment where each person feels valued and helps team members manage their working relationships through transparent dialogue and discussion
- Demonstrate transparency, inspection, and adaption in everything that they do
- Ensure impediments to the team are quickly removed
- Support the team to deliver business value by understanding the intent of features and stories
- Use data to assess teams performance and to lead improvement activities
- Coach the team to improve their practices, productivity, and self-organization
- Foster accountability within the team to hold to standards and delivery commitments
- Support the Product Owner in managing the product backlog and preparing for elaboration, sprint planning and sprint reviews
- Facilitate the planning of sprints, releases and quarterly plans
- Help the team assess their current capabilities and develops plan to improve team practices and performance
- Work with other Scrum Masters and Product Owners/Managers to identify and resolve dependencies between the teams
- Help the team establish meaningful sprint goals that resonate with the business
- Hands on facilitation of story writing, elaboration, sprint planning, retrospectives.
- Recognized as a key contributor to a positive team culture
- Utilize multiple approaches for brainstorming and innovation to keep team on continuous improvement path
What skills do I need to be successful as a Scrum Master at SoftPro?
- 5+ Years of experience as a Scrum Master working with multiple teams simultaneously
- A Scrum Master certification from a recognized organization, e.g. Scrum Alliance
- Very strong communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with Agile planning tools
- Demonstrated experience coaching mind shift and behaviors with the scrum team
- Previous working experience with commercial software product team
- Rolling wave planning experience or exposure to SAFe PI Planning
Join us and live our Core Values
Deliver AMAZING Customer Service, Be an AWESOME Teammate, Adopt a Sense of Urgency, Innovate to be Efficient, Produce Quality Work, Take Initiative, Go the Extra Mile.
Take Initiative, Go the Extra Mile.