Position:- Customer Service Specialist
Location:- San Carlos, CA
Pay Rate:- $30.00/hr
• Answer questions and educate customers and the public about SamTrans paratransit and fixed-route services and policies.
• Log, track, and oversee investigations of customer comments for Redi-Wheels and RediCoast services.
• Administer, monitor, and enforce customer compliance with paratransit service policies, programs, and procedures.
• Maintain and update paratransit applicant information into databases for service scheduling, inter-agency us, and the eligibility file.
• Administer the paratransit eligibility appeals process and no-show appeals process.
• Follow up with paratransit providers regarding outstanding customer comments.
• Elevate complex, serious or ongoing problems to Accessibility Coordinator.
• Make presentations at advisory committee meetings and participate in community outreach activities.
• Administer campaigns to educate customers on District policies and to change customer behavior.
• Administer the fare assistance program, late-cancel policy, no-show policy and fare-payment policy.
• Prepare reports by entering, tracking, recording and reporting data into automated database system or spreadsheet.
• Collect and compile data.
• Review paratransit data and conduct service quality reviews.
• Make recommendations for service improvements.
• Review and analyze customer input for ways to improve services.
• Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one’s self, fellow employees and the public from injury or harm.
• Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Supervision: Works under the general supervision of the Manager, Accessible Transit Services, who establishes goals and objectives and evaluates performance.
• Sufficient education, training, and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
• Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not limited to:
• Three years full-time office experience dealing with customers, or a combination of education and experience demonstrating the ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
• Formal training in business or customer service may be substituted for one year of experience.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite..
• Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
• Must have the ability to use initiative and good judgment.
• Must have knowledge of general methods of tactful public communication.
• Must have the ability to read, understand, and apply District policies and procedures.