Project Manager, Engineering - GTA
Sofina Foods Inc. Greater Toronto Area, ON
- Posted: July 17, 2020
Reporting to the Director, Engineering, the Project Manager, Engineering is accountable for successful completion of various capital projects while providing technical support, guidance in troubleshooting plant equipment and service issues. This position provides proactive and effective support to improve systems, and process needed to increase efficiency, visibility, and issue management. The incumbent maintains a high focus on supporting Plant Managers to manage their facilities plans including all building repairs, construction and environmental systems. The Project Manager, Engineering will provide capital and corporate purchasing leadership, support and expertise in the areas of supplier development, selection, negotiations and contract development for companywide sourcing initiatives which include categories such as; facility chemicals, industrial food equipment, mobile equipment and other related capital spending.
- Provide technical support and guidance in troubleshooting plant equipment and services.
- Mange various capital projects, from concept through to commissioning including budget.
- Preparation and negotiating with vendors, builds and maintains excellent client relationships.
- Provide in-direct direction and leadership in all maintenance departments Assess and prioritize process/project opportunities and manages it from beginning through to completion.
- Communicates regularly with all Plant Managers on the status of building operations, which includes Production Supervisors and internal management.
- Ensures all outsourced trades people are knowledgeable as it relates to the company's Health and Safety policy.
- Manage procurement activity, equipment purchases and rentals, and subcontracts as required.
- Prepares capital procurement status reporting, schedule projects, resources and monitor project timelines.
- Involved in all new equipment decisions, installations, upgrades, redesigns, physical plant changes or repairs.
- Monitor productivity of the group as well as identify root causes of discrepancies for any arising issues.
- Identifies key CFIA facilities requirements for federally regulated food plants
- Champion the performance review process through ongoing performance feedback and exceptional communication with team members.
- Strategically source priority categories using our robust sourcing methodologies and e- sourcing technology, taking projects from inception to completion
- Review and approve product designs for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, regulations, requirements, safety standards and industry guidelines
- Provide monthly progress and status reports regarding technical, cost and schedule performance
- Engineering Degree, preferably P.Eng designation
- 5-10 years of progressive relevant experience, within a manufacturing facility
- Experience in working on projects from initiation to completion
- Ability to take full ownership and work independently on projects
- Effective customer service and communication skills, excellent relationship builder
- Effective trouble shooter and problem solver
Sofina Foods Inc. is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements, for the purpose of accommodation under AODA, known to Human Resources when they are contacted for an interview.