Sodexo is seeking a Retail Manager 3 for University of Vermont located in Burlington, VT
UVM Dining at the University of Vermont offers retail dining at our ZIME Cafe in the Given Atrium located in the UVM Larnar School of medicine.
The ZIME Cafe is the only food venue inside the school of medicine and is very busy, this location also does all of the catering for the school of medicine. This location is also one of the few locations which is open year round on campus.
Typical hours are Monday through Friday with occasional nights and weekends. The cafe is open for breakfast and lunch only.
Perfered candidate will have both retail and catering background. If you have both and are looking for a next step in your career then you should apply and become part of a large and passionate culinary team on the UVM campus.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management specializing in Retail Management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you an experienced Retail Manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who will:
- frontline staff;
- cash handing process;
- department HACCP and safety programs for regulatory compliance;
- frontline training programs;
- opening and closing the operation; and
- daily operation standards.
The ideal candidate:
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Proven client relationship skills
- Successful customer service skills
Responsible for food quality & customer service in an operation that may have branded concepts or other retail offerings. Directs the work of hourly and supervisory food service workers, as well as other managers.
- Ensures there is a zero harm mindset for ourselves, our customers, our food & employees.
- Directs daily operations of food quality & customer service in a retail food operation that may include branded concepts ensuring that employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources.
- Manages cash handling protocols & control procedures according to Sodexo policies.
- Maintains client satisfaction for food quality & customer service.
- Accountable for the execution of service quality by maintaining the highest level of delivery.
- Supervises day-to-day work activities of food service workers, supervisors & managers.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience – 1 year of work experience in concessions, retail sales, or store operations
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.