Sodexo is currently seeking a General Manager/Chef Manager to join our outstanding Sr. Living team at Forest Hill Manor in beautiful Monterey, California. This will report directly to the Area District Manager and will be responsible for day to day oversight of the food service and culinary operations for resident dining and catering.
General Manager Responsibilities include:
- Manages the food service operations, budget, client relationships and operations goals for this account.
- Works to develop and grow the menu while managing and controlling food costs and offering high quality service to the residents.
- Responsible for the oversight of residential dining services, including front of the house table side service for breakfast, lunch and dinner, catering and special events.
- Responsible for full financial oversight of the account, including budgeting and reporting.
- Provides technical training and expertise, coaching and leadership to the production team while working side by side in the operation as needed.
- Works to obtain optimum client and customer satisfaction.
- Manages the Food Management System (FMS).
- Creates a positive customer service driven environment, drives employee engagement and customer satisfaction through strong leadership skills.
- Integrates fully within our client's organization becoming a trusted advisor with a customer service focus.
- Works to achieve company and client financial targets and goals.
- Works to achieve high quality resident satisfaction.
- Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
- Meets (or exceeding) Sodexo standards of operations.
If you have the following qualification, we want to hear from you!
- A passion for culinary arts, with a desire for creativity a strong production culinary background, ideally in a healthcare or retail setting.
- Ability to develop trust and build strong client relationships while meeting the expectation of the client as well as Sodexo.
- Demonstrated experience supervising a culinary team and exceptional human resource and supervisory/management skillset.
- Exceptional professional communication skills.
- Hands-on, innovative leadership approach to management.
- A passion for a high level customer service and relationship oriented.
- Ability to work independently and make sound business decisions within company guidelines.
- The ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong financial acumen and experience managing a food service operations budget.
- Candidate must be knowledgeable in compliance to food safety, sanitation and overall workplace safety standards.
Directs all contract management service operations at a single account/unit. Plans and supervises special functions. Maintains cash control and payroll records. Hires and trains unit personnel. Maintains customer satisfaction and good public relations. Manages through managers and is accountable for the contract. Senior-most person assigned to a one client account
- Provides team leadership & training
- Controls unit financials
- Directs daily food operations for quality & safety standards
- Supervises day to day activities
- Delegates authority
- Assigns & prioritizes activities
- Monitors operating standards
- Establishes a safe work environment
10: Support workplace inclusion activities
C/S: Culinary focus with ADMIN responsibilities. Limited menu, basic program
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.