Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 3 for the University of Mary Washington in Fredericksburg, VA.
We are seeking candidates with excellent client and customer-facing service skills, the ability to multi-task and the ability to lead other employees in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should be detail-oriented and committed to the highest level of customer service. As the Executive Chef you will supervise about 50 other Sodexo employees, a Catering Chef and Production Manager and will oversee all food components on campus.
Why apply to this position? Relocation assistance is available!
Is this opportunity right for you?
If you answer YES to the following questions, please consider applying:
- Management and Influence: Can you demonstrate your ability to successfully lead and inspire kitchen employees? Can you influence others to successfully complete their given tasks with high quality outcomes and within budget and time-frame?
- Innovation: Can you show us great examples of your ability to add creativity to Sodexo's cafe and dining menus?
- Training: Can you develop and train culinary teams in new concepts?
- Cost Controls: Can you successfully utilize Sodexo costing tools and computer software programs to manage and positively affect the food, labor and inventory costs for the unit including an understanding of product costs and maintaining GP targets? Do you have strong computer skills, ideally in Word and Excel?
- Flexibility: Can you demonstrate your ability to flex and adapt to different types of communication styles and interact successfully with Sodexo staff and client customers?
- A strong culinary passion - does your love for food show in all you do?
- The ability to conduct research - Can you consistently provide sustainable and creative menu options based on national and global food trends?
- Ability to shine in the front of house as well as in the kitchen?
- A strong work ethic - Do you always strive for the best and never cut corners?
Provides culinary leadership within a large sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Basic Education Requirement - Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 3 years
Basic Functional Experience - 3 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
System ID 84479
Relocation Type Yes - According to Grade
Employment Status Full-Time