Sodexo is seeking an Executive Chef 2 for Eastern New Mexico University, in Portales, New Mexico . RELOCATION assistance available for this opportunity! Are you a Chef seeking a better work-life balance in a family friendly community? This campus has a student population of 5K with 600 students on the Resident Dining meal plan, high volume Food Retail and High-End Catering - on and off site. Menu choices include Healthy Options, International Flavors, Main Fare, Gluten-free, Vegan, Vegetarian and local Organic. Our Successful Candidate will manage 40+ employees and be responsible for culinary operations for the main dining hall, multiple food retail locations, food production and service and Catering. Two Years Executive Chef Experience.
We are looking for candidates who will:
- Manage the daily food production including production planning and controls
- Ensure Sodexo Culinary Standards including recipe compliance and food quality
- Manage food costing, controls and compliance
- Develop menus and manage inventory
- Have high expectations for customer service and quality of food
- Have the ability and willingness to develop and train frontline employees
- Have a passion for food and innovation
- Have knowledge of special diets and allergens
- Knowledge of Sodexo Food Management System (FMS) DRIVE is preferred
- Two Years Executive Chef Experience
- Strong culinary background, with the demonstrated ability to stay current with new culinary trends
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with the ability to maintain the highest of standards and implements company policies
- Previous experience working in a high-volume facility
- Strong management skills
- Previous success managing high-volume food production (Large Campus Resident Dining account or large Business Dining program, large family restaurant)
- Experience creating innovative menus with demonstrated best practices for increasing the student/customer experience
- Proven Culinary knowledge: purchasing, inventory, production schedules and Food & Beverage Cost controls
- Enjoy interacting with clients, students, faculty; being the face of the Sodexo Culinary Team on campus and in the dining halls
- Demonstrate culinary finesse at head Action Station, sharing passion for food, cooking, sustainability with the students - featuring NM cuisine
- Successful experience partnering with a client in championing sustainable initiatives and involvement and commitment to the campus and surrounding community
- Seeking Bilingual candidates; the ability to speak Spanish would be helpful managing this workforce
Eastern New Mexico University
Nearest Metro & other locations;Roswell, New Mexico: 99 miles, Lubbock, Texas: 105 miles, Amarillo, Texas: 120 miles, Albuquerque: 225 miles
Careers in Universities:
Working for Sodexo in Universities allows you to support students on their path to adulthood and academic success. Located on college and university campuses across the country, Sodexo creates clean, safe living and learning environments that inspire and drive success.Student success depends upon so many conditions - when they are well fed, safe, comfortable and learning in a clean, well maintained environment they are more likely to succeed.
Working for Sodexo:
How far will your ambition, talent and dedication take you? Sodexo fosters a culture committed to the growth of individuals through continuous learning, mentoring and other career growth opportunities, along with the performance of organizations. We believe it is important for our work to be meaningful to all who contribute to it, and we remain faithful to our mission, our core values and the ethical principles that have guided us since 1966. We support these values and help them thrive in each employee.
We strive to make working for Sodexo a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance ... every day.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Culinary positions in a variety of business segments, including Corporate, Schools, Universities, Government and Agencies, Healthcare, Senior Living and Sports and Leisure locations across the United States..
Provides culinary leadership within a medium sized unit including menu planning, program execution and staff management & training. Works directly with internal and external clients managing the catering process from beginning through execution.
- Implements & coordinates the culinary function.
- Directs & trains cooks & utility workers.
- Ensures food preparation & production meets operational standards.
- Manages catering & retail areas.
- Customer & Client satisfaction.
- Financial management to include food cost & labor management.
- Manages food & physical safety programs.
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
System ID 84454
Relocation Type Yes - According to Grade
Employment Status Full-Time