Sodexo is seeking a Hands-On Catering Manager 2 for Marquette University - one of Sodexo's long-time partnerships and showcase accounts -in Milwaukee, WI . Marquette University is a private, coeducational, faith-based university with nearly 11,600 students representing nearly every state and 84 countries. Reporting to the Catering Director, the Catering Managerwill assist in executing and planning of day to day events in a fast paced and diverse environment. Responsibilities include scheduling, staffing, fiscal and inventory management, HACCP, training, policy development and implementation, hands on execution with a team and leading many employees to execute catering events with a high standard of excellence. Events are from 2 - 2,000 in a high-volume catering department of $2M per year.
Are you the experienced Catering Manager we're seeking? We are looking for candidates who:
- have a solid operational knowledge of catering, including management or supervisory experience in a catering or banquet environment.
- promote a customer/client centered culture that strives to exceed customer and client needs;
- coordinate all unit catering initiatives to drive sales growth and track results.
- 2-4 years catering/banquet management/supervisory experience - from casual and fine dining banquet/catering,
- experience training, hiring, scheduling and leading a catering staff,
- excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to delegate and multitask with high attention to detail - to manage and execute multiple events daily at multiple locations.
- Some experience with concessions.
Why Sodexo at Marquette University?
Marquette is routinely listed among the country's top universities, renowned for academic rigor, innovation and the achievements of its community of scholars. Vibrant, fun and forward-thinking, Milwaukee continues to look to the future while cherishing its past, ensuring quality of life and opportunities for residents and a warm, welcoming destination for visitors from all over the world.
At Sodexo, we strive to make working a genuinely great experience with benefits to promote your professional, personal and financial well-being, and to improve your Quality of Life now and into the future. Our experiences with our over 50 million customers each and every day enable us to develop Quality of Life services that reinforce the well-being of individuals, improving their effectiveness and helping companies and organizations to improve performance ... every day.
Apply Now! Join the Sodexo Team at Marquette - Apply now!
Oversight of catering activities for a small to mid-size location/unit with $500k-$1M in managed catering volume. Medium complexity with a high degree of hands on involvement in catering events. Strong client interaction.
- Oversight of Sodexo resources, recipes, systems and use of catering programs to direct daily catering events including; food production, inventory, product deliveries, invoices, and procurement operations.
- Oversight of the sales process for catering and/or conference service events. Works with client and customers to design events.
- Ensures employees have appropriate equipment, supplies and resources to perform their job, and meet goals, cost controls and deadlines as assigned.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment including both food and physical safety in order to comply with all regulatory and Sodexo standards in various environments. Drives the Zero Harm mindset.
- Complies with budget requirements by controlling costs (i.e. labor, inventory, equipment, materials) and making adjustments when necessary
- Supervises employees by delegating, assigning and prioritizing activities, and monitoring operating standards
Basic Education Requirement - High School Diploma or GED
Basic Management Experience - 1 year
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
System ID 81339
Category Food Service
Employment Status Full-Time