Sous Chef II (American Sector)
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Listing: Sous Chef II
At Sodexo Live!, we take pride in crafting exceptional events at the most prestigious venues on the planet and creating lasting memories for fans, visitors, guests and team members.
Working with Sodexo Live! is more than a job; it's a chance to be part of something greater. Here, you'll build a career where 'everyday' is anything but normal.
Our experiences are unique, and so are our people. Bring your personality, your background and your desire to delight others. In return, we'll give you all you need to thrive. After giving it all, you'll return home knowing that you've played your part in creating a truly unforgettable moment.
- 2022 Forbes Best Employer for Diversity
- 2022 Front Office Sports Best Employers in Sports
- 2022 Disability Equality Index (DEI) Perfect Score
Location: We are seeking an experienced Sous Chef II for the WW2 Museum.
The National WWII Museum tells the story of the American Experience in the war that changed the world...why it was fought, how it was won, and what it means today...so that all generations will understand the price of freedom and be inspired by what they learn.
Originally founded in 2000 as the D-Day Museum, The National WWII Museum is now the top-rated tourist destination in New Orleans, TripAdvisor's #3 museum in the country, and an unforgettable way to experience World War II...from industrial efforts on the Home Front to the combat experience of the American soldier abroad. Offering a compelling blend of sweeping narrative and poignant personal detail, the Museum features immersive exhibits, multimedia experiences, and an expansive collection of artifacts and first-person oral histories to take visitors inside the story of the war. Beyond the galleries, the Museum's online collections, virtual field trips, webinars, travel programs, and renowned International Conference offer patrons new ways to connect to history and honor the generation that sacrificed so much to secure our freedom.
Designated by Congress as the official WWII museum of the United States, The National WWII Museum is located in downtown New Orleans on a six-acre campus, where five soaring pavilions house historical exhibits, on-site restoration work, a period dinner theater, and restaurants. A capital expansion program includes the construction of two additional pavilions in coming years, cementing the institution as a state-of-the-art educational institution and a premiere destination for travelers from around the world.
The Sous Chef II position is typically found in a medium to large size business unit, and reports to the Sous Chef I or Executive Chef. It is the first level of management within a Sodexo Live! commercial kitchen, performing functions and responsibilities that require a moderate level of difficulty and a more sophisticated level of detail, experience and expertise than Sous Chef III, but not as complex as Sous Chef I. The Sous Chef II assures that foods are prepared using fundamental cooking techniques, seasoned for maximum taste and flavor, and served in an aesthetically pleasing manner.
The Sous Chef II directs all aspects of foodservice production and service, ensuring that approved food safety and sanitation guidelines are followed. The Sous Chef II directly supervises the preparation and production of the unit's menus and manages a shift or station in the hot kitchen, the cold kitchen and/or the bakery and pastry shop.
The Sous Chef II is responsible for training, mentoring and helping to develop other Culinarians, and for monitoring and organizing the flow of activity within the kitchen in a way that complements and supports the overall operation.
- Participate as part of Culinary Leadership Team to manage a culinary department for the preparation of foods served to the customers in a consistent and timely manner.
- Ensure Kitchen Safety and Sanitation conforms to all Sodexo Live!, regulatory, and governmental standards to provide a safe workplace producing high quality food products.
- Contribute to goal of 100% customer satisfaction through personal commitment to customer service and leading the culinary team by example.
- Minimum of 2 years in a food preparation position.
- Ability to promote and participate in a team environment.
- Ability to understand written and oral direction and to communicate same with others.
- Degree from a postsecondary culinary arts training program.
- ACF Professional Certification.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
AddressNew Orleans, LA
FoodView all jobs at Sodexo Live!
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?