- Expired: July 25, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Listing: General Manager
Nothing beats the power of being at a live event. That's why we're proud to announce the launch of Sodexo Live!, our brand dedicated to the sports, events and hospitality industry. We concentrate all of our skills, insight, and experience into one brand that instinctively knows how to make the most of every moment. Let's go Live! together.
Location: We are seeking an experienced General Manager for the University of Kansas in Lawrence, KS.
The University of Kansas is the state's flagship university and one of just 65 invited members of the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU). We consistently earn high rankings for academics and recognition as a premier research university.
They push the boundaries of knowledge, transform the academic experience, and create solutions through innovative research. The Jayhawk community extends around the globe, united by more than 150 years of tradition and by our commitment to creating a better world.
The General Manager is charged with general oversight and leadership of all food and beverage operations, and in some cases, merchandising operations. He or she serves as the linchpin for communications, support and resource allocation to optimize unit profitability and meet the day-to-day operating budget.
The General Manager will provide hands-on leadership to facilitate dining experiences that exceed guest expectations, while revenue is maximized and expenses are effectively controlled. The General Manager's highest priorities will be to ensure that Sodexo Live!'s standards for quality, service, timeliness, safety, security, sanitation and regulatory compliance are adhered to.
The General Manager will plan and prepare for events and activities according to anticipated guest attendance and client expectations, will provide hands-on management and oversight, and will direct and support post-event activities, reconciliation and reporting.
The General Manager will establish daily priorities and will direct the on-going activities of department heads in key functional areas such as administration, culinary production, hospitality, warehousing, sales, accounting and cash management to ensure that operations run smoothly, efficiently and in accordance with client/partner specifications.
- Oversees the procurement, production, preparation, service and sale of food and refreshments for all outlets within assigned units.
- Communicates and promotes Sodexo Live!'s culture and values; Provides hands-on leadership and direction department heads and staff.
- Ensures compliance with company standards, client specifications, contractual obligations, and other legal and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Manages the financial performance of the venue through effective control of expenses and through the development, analysis and implementation of budgets, sales plans and forecasts.
- Participates in the recruitment, selection and training processes as needed for assigned unit.
- Identifies and responds to client and customer feedback and assists in escalated situations as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree and/or appropriate combination of education and experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- A minimum of 5 years of previous senior leadership experience within a diverse, contract-managed food and beverage environment, to include successful management of a large staff and focus on exceptional client and customer service.
- Demonstrated financial acumen with significant past P&L responsibility.
- Strong working knowledge of food safety, sanitation, and general workplace safety standards with knowledge of Health Department requirements.
- Technologically savvy, with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts.
- Self starter who can work independently and on several tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business outside of retail operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
Employment Type: FULL_TIME
RetailView all jobs at Sodexo Live!