Food & Beverage General Manager
- Expired: December 18, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Founded in 1929, Sodexo Live!, serves as a leading provider of hospitality services to North America's premier sports facilities, convention centers, and entertainment venues. Sodexo Live! primary services include: food and beverage / catering services, specialty retail management, and design services. Serving over 170 venues and 100 million guests annually, Sodexo Live! is an integral partner to clients across a broad list of end markers, including: professional sports, convention centers, college athletics, ski resorts, minor league sports, attractions, and theaters, among others. "Making it better to be there since 1929."TM
We are currently seeking an General Manager for The Birmingham Jefferson Convention Complex, located in Birmingham, AL. Part of the General Manager role will be assisting in the management of the property's expansion to include: 220,000sqft Exhibition Hall, 100,000sqft in 74 Meeting rooms, 3,000 Seat Concert Hall, 1,000 Seat Theatre, a brand new 45,000 seat Football Stadium that features 36 suites & a 1,200 person club area. This stadium will be the home to UAB Football as well as other sporting events and concerts. The property will also contain the Legacy Arena, which is currently undergoing a $100 million renovation. Once completed, it will hold up to 19,000 people, have 12 suites and 2 clubs where it will host various sporting events and concerts. The estimated revenue once the expansion is completed, is to be $10 to $12 million.
The General Manager is charged with general oversight and leadership of all food and beverage operations, and in some cases, merchandising operations. He or she serves as the linchpin for communications, support and resource allocation to optimize unit profitability and meet the day-to-day operating budget.
The General Manager will provide hands-on leadership to facilitate dining experiences that exceed guest expectations, while revenue is maximized and expenses are effectively controlled. The General Manager's highest priorities will be to ensure that Sodexo Live's standards for quality, service, timeliness, safety, security, sanitation and regulatory compliance are adhered to.
The General Manager will plan and prepare for events and activities according to anticipated guest attendance and client expectations, will provide hands-on management and oversight, and will direct and support post-event activities, reconciliation and reporting.
The General Manager will establish daily priorities and will direct the on-going activities of department heads in key functional areas such as administration, culinary production, hospitality, warehousing, sales, accounting and cash management to ensure that operations run smoothly, efficiently and in accordance with client/partner specifications.
- Oversees the procurement, production, preparation, service and sale of food and refreshments for all outlets within assigned units.
- Communicates and promotes Centerplate's culture and values; Provides hands-on leadership and direction department heads and staff.
- Ensures compliance with company standards, client specifications, contractual obligations, and other legal and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Manages the financial performance of the venue through effective control of expenses and through the development, analysis and implementation of budgets, sales plans and forecasts.
- Participates in the recruitment, selection and training processes as needed for assigned unit.
- Identifies and responds to client and customer feedback and assists in escalated situations as necessary.
- Bachelors degree and/or appropriate combination of education and experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- A minimum of 5 years of previous senior leadership experience within a diverse, contract-managed food and beverage environment, to include successful management of a large staff and focus on exceptional client and customer service.
- Demonstrated financial acumen with significant past P&L responsibility.
- Strong working knowledge of food safety, sanitation, and general workplace safety standards with knowledge of Health Department requirements.
- Technologically savvy, with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Flexibility, ability to work extended or irregular hours to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts.
- Self starter who can work independently and on several tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business outside of retail operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
Other requirements include but are not limited to:
Subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live!, is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
FoodView all jobs at SodexoLive!