Director of Operations
- Posted: over a month ago
Job Listing: Director of Operations
Nothing beats the power of being at a live event. That's why we're proud to announce the launch of Sodexo Live!, our brand dedicated to the sports, events and hospitality industry. We concentrate all of our skills, insight, and experience into one brand that instinctively knows how to make the most of every moment. Let's go Live! together.
Location: We are seeking an experienced Director of Operations for the Huntington Place.
Venue Description: Huntington Place is one of the largest convention centers in the nation. Built by the City of Detroit, it was originally opened in 1960 and originally named Cobo Hall in honor of former Detroit Mayor Albert E. Cobo (1950-1957).
The Director of Operations often serves as a right hand to the General Manager. As a visible and key member of the unit-level Leadership Team, they will exemplify and display unquestionable ethical conduct in both business and personal dealings, as they are responsible to model Sodexo Live!'s vision and values, ensuring in all ways for the customer, employees, the industry and the local community that Sodexo Live! is held in the highest regard.
The Director of Operations is responsible for managing and maximizing the productivity of the operations and administrative staff and is accountable for directing and coordinating the resources, tasks, requirements and processes related to the unit's day-to-day operating budget. They will provide support and hands-on assistance to plan, prepare, oversee, report and reconcile the unit's on-going business activities to ensure its commercial success.
The Director of Operations will contribute to Sodexo Live!'s goal to be #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through the performance of activities geared toward the creation of an energized and positive work environment for all venue staff. Working in close partnership with the unit's various divisions and key department heads, the Director of Operations will create, lead and execute food and beverage experiences that exceed guest expectations and maximize revenue while controlling expenses.
- Develop and implement business strategies for driving and maximizing food, beverage and merchandise sales.
- Serve as a leadership role model and create an exceptional employment experience for Sodexo Live!'s staff.
- Create an environment where an exceptional service and dining experience is delivered to each customer, contributing to Sodexo Live!'s goal of 100% customer satisfaction.
- Plan and execute all operations activities against forecasted daily business volume.
- 3-5 years previous operations leadership experience in a complex food service environment.
- Bachelor's degree and/or appropriate combination of education and work experience to support on-the-job effectiveness.
- Significant expertise in food and beverage management with a catering/concessions emphasis.
- Up-to-date certifications for safe food handling and responsible alcoholic beverage service.
- Solid and proven track record for sales and leadership success.
- Demonstrated financial acumen with strong background in P&L management; Previous experience in developing operating budgets and established history of meeting or exceeding established financial objectives.
- Tech savvy, with high proficiency in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated success in interfacing with a variety of organizational functions and divisions to accomplish tasks.
- Keen ability to promote and participate in a team environment.
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management; Ability to promote and participate in team environment concepts.
- Self-starter who can work independently and on several tasks/projects simultaneously, and who can contribute to functional areas of the business outside of retail operations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Initiative in identifying and resolving problems timely and effectively.
- Able to work effectively and safely while subject to wet floors, temperature extremes and excessive noise; must be able to lift up to 50 pounds in weight; must be able to maneuver in an often tightly-quartered environment.
Hours may be extended or irregular to include nights, weekends and holidays.
Thank you for expressing interest in employment with Sodexo Live!. While only those candidates considered for this position will be contacted, your resume will remain on file for 90 days.
Sodexo Live! is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
BusinessView all jobs at Sodexo Live!