Material Planning & Logistics Coordinator
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Material Planning & Logistics Specialist will work with a team of planner-buyers in tactical purchasing to support manufacturing to meet project requirements for on time material delivery. This position requires a strong leader with the drive to succeed in a complex, multi-project, engineer-to-order environment supporting multiple functional areas.
- Maximize on time material availability across all projects and departments.
- Plan, lot size, release, confirm, and expedite planned purchase orders to meet required material delivery dates.
- Analyze MRP and project schedule data to identify potential material shortage issues well in advance, and initiate appropriate corrective action as required.
- Develop and maintain standard reports to provide a clear representation of material status and other related information required for effective management of the business. Provide regular status reports to all stakeholders.
- Improve internal process compliance and control through analysis of available data.
- Monitor demand forecasts and adjust supply when required.
• Interface with Strategic Purchasing, Enterprise Scheduling, Manufacturing Department Managers, and Project Management teams to provide analysis and input regarding project material requirements and status, including problem mitigation strategies.
- Establish clear standards for communication with suppliers for confirmation, status updates and problem resolution.
- Personally engage problem suppliers to resolve specific schedule and delivery issues as required.
- Ensure the timely resolution of invoicing and receiving problems with Receiving, Accounting, and Inspection departments.
- Support MRB function in dispositioning and returning nonconforming material to suppliers and ensuring MRB data integrity.
- Drive overall process improvements in tactical procurement and MRB activities.
- Support inventory cycle counts.
- Manage excess and obsolete inventory.
- Support projects and management with requested ad-hoc reports.
- Perform special projects and other related duties as assigned.
• 3+ years in similar role within manufacturing
• Strong knowledge and understanding of supply chain concepts and application.
• Key user level MRP experience. JBA/AS400 and/or SAP are a plus.
• Expert in MS Excel, proficient in PowerPoint.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities across projects.
• Commitment to meeting schedule despite obstacles.
• Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical and problem solving skills.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and commitment to high quality work.
• Self-motivated and the ability to work aggressively to complete work on time.
• Able to collaborate and work effectively with others, as well as independently.
• Ability to make sound business and production decisions when faced with a degree of ambiguity and complexity.
Working conditions described here are representative of those that may be experienced by an employee on a daily basis while performing the functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes and airborne particles
- The employee may be exposed to vibration
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- May be required to work weekends to meet department and business demands
Employment is contingent upon successfully passing an employee reference check, criminal background check, and drug screening.
Sodecia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of sex, race, religion, age, national origin, height, weight, marital status, familial status, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, and/or other category protected by law.
SodeciaWhy Work Here?
Great Culture! Advancement opportunities
We are a Tier 1 Auto supplier with over 45 Locations world wide.
24331 Sherwood Center LineCenter Line, MI
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Sodecia