Grants & Compliance Officer
Society of St. Vincent de Paul Houston, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
Title: Grants and Compliance Officer
Office Location: Holcombe Office (2403 Holcombe Blvd, St. Dominic Campus)
We are seeking an analytical Grants and Compliance Officer. A successful candidate will be an organized grant manager with a head for numbers and proven grant writing skills. The Grants and Compliance Officer is responsible for writing and submitting all Public and Private grants, oversight, execution, and compliance of the grant and negotiating grant agreements. The position will report to the Director of Development and will be a key member of the Development team.
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston (SVdP), is grassroots, volunteer-based, direct-aid organization that brings together men and women to grow in their spirituality through service of others. We have been serving the Greater Houston area since 1871. We are part of a national organization and linked by the common mission of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul.
· Write grant proposals, prepare applications, and maintain existing grant calendar
· Meet all private and public funder deadlines for submission and interim and year end reporting
· Research and identify 5 to 7 new potential sources of foundation and corporate grants, governmental funding per month
· Utilize and manage software to meet requirements and ensure data integrity, including fundraising software (DPO) and client data base (Apricot)
· Develop, maintain, and ensure proper grants management procedures are in place and consistently followed, including but not limited to due diligence procedures, grant reporting, award letters, grant agreements, and procedures to ensure availability of funds
· Coordinate and collaborate with other internal teams, including the Finance, Vincentian Services, Development, and Program departments
· Support Development department activities including event planning for the organization
- Bachelor’s degree
· 3-5 years related experience and/or training
· Experience working for a non-profit organization required
· Experience managing revenue, expenses, and reporting of grants
· Working knowledge of bookkeeping software (Quickbooks), fundraising software (DPO) and client databases required
· Strong Microsoft Office skills and proficient personal computer skills including electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
· Apply Today!
Society of St. Vincent de Paul
Non ProfitView all jobs at Society of St. Vincent de Paul