Society of St. Vincent de Paul of North Texas Dallas, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
StudyTime is an after school program for elementary school children in which volunteers (adult, college and high-school students) mentor grade school children with homework, math, reading and writing skills and social emotional skills. StudyTime has multiple sites in North Texas. Students participating in this program are prepared for and encouraged to apply for area high performance, college preparatory high schools. Students may be eligible to apply for a scholarship to attend one of these area schools. This position ensures high quality instruction and provides a positive learning environment that allows students to develop personal, social and intellectual skills.
Responsible for overall program planning and support for all StudyTime curricula and lesson plans and for monitoring reporting of assessments and metrics for StudyTime. Upholds an atmosphere of respect for all facilitators, volunteers, parents, students and collaborating partners. Maintains Dallas Afterschool requirements for certified afterschool sites. Provides classroom facilitation to StudyTime sessions as needed. Incumbent is evaluated 2-4 times a year from an internal and external source.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist with creating project plans (StudyTime, Scholarship and Christmas)
· Create syllabi, one per classroom, for the year including dates, planned activities and special functions
· Create written lesson plans that are appealing and interactive, following expectations set by syllabus that are relevant to the site’s interest and themes with an emphasis on the development of student study skills that have a focus on math, reading, writing and social emotional skills
· Follow StudyTime schedule, planned activities and lesson plans and monitor needs of each site and class adjusting themes and lesson plans as needed to maximize student progress
· Ensure student records are accurately completed on time
· Execute project plan for Christmas including selection of Christmas committee to complete steps
· Meet weekly with Program Manager to review program regarding program successes and challenges
· Complete scheduled Dallas Afterschool Quality Advancement (AQUA) performance assessments and follow procedures and AQUA handbook at performance levels of 3 or higher
· Provide monthly metrics reporting for reading, math, social/emotional and attendance or other reports, scheduled or ad hoc, as requested
· Participate in SVdP trainings, staff meetings, and events held outside of normal StudyTime hours
· Act as Lead or Facilitator in the classroom as needed
· Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Strong planning skills
· Works well with children and volunteers
· Strong writing, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Time management and general administration skills
· Strong MS Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) with particular emphasis on Excel
· Ability to read/write in both English and Spanish
· CPR and First Aid Certification
· Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field, or equivalent experience
· Experience working with children ages 5 to 18
· Experience creating course curricula
· Experience working with parents on student performance
· Complete annual Safe Environment training and pass a Criminal Background Check
· Bilingual required; English and Spanish
Society of St. Vincent de Paul of North TexasWhy Work Here?
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul is a non-profit organization offering direct aid to those in need across nine counties in North Texas.
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul is a is a Catholic nonprofit organization that offers direct aid to those in need across nine counties in North Texas. The Society provides short-term financial, material and emotional support. In addition, through advocacy, education and referrals, people are empowered to reach the goal of self-sufficiency. Programs and services will lead to a path of self-sufficiency by addressing the underlying root cause of the basic need.
3826 Gilbert AvenueDallas, TX