The Assistant Store Manager assists in the management of activities required to accomplish the store’s goals by driving store revenue through merchandising, following loss prevention procedures, keeping the store clean, providing excellent customer service and being a role model to the employees and volunteers for the achievement of the SVDP’s mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Accountable for keeping proper inventory controls and cash controls
· Understands and operates POS system, completes credit and cash transactions
· Completes opening procedures, such as takes money deposit to bank, checks cashier drawers for proper amount and change for day’s business
· Accurately completes closing paperwork, such as counting down drawer and prepares deposit
Store Management Responsibilities:
· Assumes responsibility of total store operation when on duty to act as manager
· Meets daily, weekly and monthly sales goals set by strategic sales plan
· Assists with processing, stocking, pricing and merchandising donated items
· Knowledgeable about product and services and ensures that customer service resolution procedures are followed by staff and volunteers
· Must know all aspects of store operation and work a flexible schedule
· Responsible for fire and safety training for employees and volunteers
Organization Mission and Policies:
· Supports and demonstrates excellent customer assistance by following the SVDP’s Customer Service Motto to “Serve our Valuable Customers with Distinction and Purpose” which defines “our valuable customers” as both internal and external; i.e. co-workers, donators, vendors, organizational contacts and thrift store consumers.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
· Retail experience and/or training required, non-profit and management experience preferred
· Experienced with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
· Knowledge of POS systems
· Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition
· Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Apply online under Employment Opportunities at https://svdpstlouis.org/stores/employment/job-postings
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Archdiocesan Council is composed of 140+ parish-based groups called Conferences. The Main Council operation serves as a resource and support system for these Conferences.