Society of Petroleum Engineers Richardson, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
Richardson, Texas (must be able to commute to this location on regular basis)
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is the largest individual-member organization serving managers, engineers, scientists, and other professionals worldwide in the upstream segment of the oil and gas industry. SPE is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization with members and operations around the world.
This position is an integral part of our IT Development and Integration group including .NET and Java developers, business analyst, QA, as well as reporting and working with rest of the IT team. The team is comprised of independent contributors collaborating as needed in support of our systems and service to our staff across the global organization.
This role supports our migration to a new AMS and will be very focused on the implementation of Salesforce. We expect our new Administrator will bring tremendous Salesforce expertise to our organization with the ability to advise managers, project teams, consultants and business partners on recommended usages and optimal solutions while providing a seamless migration to our members and users. The Administrator will deliver administrative support to the organization through the customization and configuration of the Salesforce platform.
THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work directly with management and users to analyze, specify and implement Salesforce to support the strategic business plan.
- Perform technical analysis of applications, programs, business processes and makes recommendations for enhancements and improvements.
- Develop data conversion, lead deduplication and data management strategies and other integrations.
- Implement data controls and quality practices to ensure the accuracy, integrity and security of SPE’s data.
- Evaluate new releases of Salesforce to determine functionality requirements and provide detailed information on how changes will apply to all affected departments/users.
- Integrate, design, develop, construct and maintain applications according to best practices to ensure consistent look and feel for our end users and easy adoption and easy future upgrades.
- Serve as the "go to" for users, promote adoption, keep current on new releases and AppExchange solutions, provide training, and more.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Computer Science or related field from four-year College or university with a minimum of five to eight years’ experience in systems analysis, quality assurance, production analysis, and/or engineering/programming required with project management or leadership responsibilities.
- Five plus years’ of experience with implementation of medium/large scale (100+ users) environment.
- Three to five years’ related experience including utilization of Salesforce platform.
- Minimum five years’ experience working with architecture/ technical/ functional/ configuration experience with CRM Salesforce and understanding of best practices.
- Deep understanding of Salesforce CRM/XRM customization - Workflows and .Net integration.
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
- Good understanding of the Microsoft and software technologies - .NET development SQL Server system integration technologies and techniques including SOA, design patterns, etc.
- Certified Salesforce.com Admin (ADM201 and ADM211) certified.
- Proven experience in integrations using web services and APIs, as well as application support.
- Working knowledge of SDLC.
- Experience and knowledge of Agile Methodology.
- Ability to solve complex technical problems with creative solutions and translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Must have ability to exercise independent judgment and take initiative in planning, organizing, and performing systems analyst tasks. Some independent judgment required in setting priorities of tasks among multiple assigned projects.
- Must have ability to communicate, motivate, and organize projects among a broad spectrum of personnel throughout the network, frequently under deadline pressure.
- Interviewing, information gathering, excellent analysis and design skills to implement changes in the application.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS WE’D LIKE TO SEE
- Biztalk proficiency a plus
- Experience in Association Management industry plus
- Experience using Office 365 tools is a plus.
- Experience in Nimble AMS or Fonteva is a plus.
- Additional training or certification in Project Management Fundamentals, ITIL certification, or the like, is preferred.
- Certified Sales Cloud, Service Cloud and Developer certification preferred.
- If you enjoy long weekends, you will really appreciate our 9/80 schedule which allows for every other Friday off – that’s 26 scheduled days off each year!
- Personal Time Off – equivalent to 4 weeks annually within your first year.
- We also have all the great medical benefits that you would expect from a top employer – medical, dental, vision (starting from your first day of employment – no waiting period)
- Company paid disability and life insurance
- Multiple Employee Assistance Programs
- Generous retirement program (401k with 110% matching funds for U.S. employees
- Our attractive Richardson office building is located in a peaceful creek-view setting just west of 75 and south of Renner
- Specialty coffee machines, along with multiple break rooms equipped with refrigerators, microwaves and ice machines are located throughout the complex. You’ll also find our “collaboratory” area to be relaxing when eating lunch or participating in special activities (equipped with cable TV)
Society of Petroleum Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Society of Petroleum Engineers
BusinessView all jobs at Society of Petroleum Engineers