Marketing Data Analyst
- Posted: over a month ago
Marketing Data Analyst
This role may be remote based on the following locations with some limitations.
U.S. (with some restrictions)
We are a global organization with offices throughout the world.
Our primary North American office is located in Richardson, Texas with additional offices in Houston and Calgary.
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) is the largest individual-member organization serving managers, engineers, scientists, and other professionals worldwide in the upstream segment of the oil and gas industry. SPE is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization with members and operations around the world.
SPE is excited to hire a new Marketing Data Analyst! We are looking for someone who is ready to be the expert for SPE in the field of analytics and support decision making through reporting, analyzing, and transforming data into actionable insights. As the specialist in this field, you’ll have the opportunity to help shape how SPE advances their marketing and sales analytics while supporting events and other programs with surveys, predictive analysis, and more.
THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze global sales data to provide innovation and recommendations to internal stakeholders for new client acquisition.
- Utilize data analytics to support marketing functions by creating funnel performance, customer life cycle and omni-channel strategy reports.
- Serve as the primary marketing technical support and administrator of Google products: Google Analytics (multiple domains/properties), Google Ads and Search Console.
- Build, develop and maintain data models, data automation systems and dashboards to display trend and reporting information.
- Evaluate online behavior and make recommendations for enhancing the user experience across the full marketing mix.
- Oversee the annual member satisfaction survey in coordination with our external agency and help maintain metrics that measure SPE’s membership performance and CSI scores.
- Oversee SPE’s research including event and member feedback surveys highlighting trends and behaviours.
- Undertake market research activities and monitor markets, competitors and customers on a regular basis. Remain informed of market trends to help enhance campaign strategies.
- Enhance marketing capabilities by analyzing and automating the deduplication, cleaning, and enriching of the marketing database through Openprise.
- Work closely with IT and vendors in the management of campaigns and development of tools and data sources.
THE DESIRED TALENTS
- University degree or equivalent work experience, with a minimum of five years’ relevant experience in the areas described.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role with a track record of producing data-driven insights and presenting reports/data to a Marketing Team or Marketing Stakeholders.
- A strong understanding and commercial experience with Google Analytics, Tableau, HTML, email automation platforms (Marketo), basic SQL querying and Excel functions including pivot tables, IF statements, and VLOOKUPs.
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing principles and performance metrics with the ability to transform data and researching findings into marketing strategies.
- Experienced in creating dashboards and working with business intelligence tools. Knowledge of database structures; able to quickly learn database contents and functionality.
- Data-driven and comfortable seeking new ways to find data and can easily identify data gaps.
- Analytical with a natural curiosity to test (including A/B), measure, learn and iterate in order to get the best results possible.
- Strong writing skills: able to formulate questions that accurately address the research issue and write clear, succinct surveys.
- Able to understand and apply statistical methods such as weighted averages, regression analysis, and standard deviation.
- Strong project management skills, with a proven ability to multitask, manage projects of varying complexities, and manage internal stakeholder relationships.
THE BENEFITS AND PERKS
(Some benefits may vary based on work location)
- If you enjoy long weekends, you will really appreciate our 9/80 schedule which allows for every other Friday off – that’s 26 additional scheduled days off each year!
- Generous retirement program with employer contribution (110% contribution for U.S. and Canada employees, up to 6% of salary)
- Multiple Employee Assistance programs
- We have all the great medical benefits that you would expect from a top employer with multiple available plans to fit your needs (U.S. employee benefits start from your first day of employment – no waiting period!)
- Company paid life insurance
- Personal Time Off (PTO) – Available as soon as you accrue your time off, up to four weeks annually which increases after five years
- Holiday Pay including day after Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve (holidays may vary based on country)
Society of Petroleum Engineers is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We welcome diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
Society of Petroleum Engineers
TechnologyView all jobs at Society of Petroleum Engineers