The Educational Programs Department supports SHRM’s mission and strategic goals through the development and delivery of professional development programs to a global and domestic audience. This department is focused on building and sustaining educational partnerships with human resource and business professionals by providing curricular offerings to individuals and corporate entities across professional experience levels, business sectors and HR competencies.
The Coordinator, Organizational Training & Development serves as an integral member of the SHRM Education team. The Coordinator, Organizational Training & Development works closely with the Manager, Educational Programs, Corporate Training Specialists, Enterprise Sales Team and Educational Programs Specialists to execute the corporate/educational programs strategy with the goal of delivering the highest caliber of service and programming to corporate clients, SHRM members and the greater business community. In addition, this position will deliver the required understanding and front-line management for all SHRM educational programs (corporate, virtual, in-person and blended).
- Serve as secondary relationship manager for corporate programs instructors and clients.
- Manage all delivery logistics for virtual corporate and SHRM Educational programs, to include access and functionality of the virtual training platform. Maintains the virtual training course schedule for all virtual and hybrid programs. Creates virtual training course schedule using Adobe, Blackboard or other delivery platform. Maintains the archive library of all classes. Provides technical support throughout courses and support outside the normal business hours.
- Serves as the program administrator for corporate in-person programs and assists in management of programs, including coordinating on-site operations at all off-site and on-site venues at which SHRM educational programs/corporate programs are conducted. Works collaboratively with the corporate client to communicate, track and confirm program logistics and deliverables for all on-site program materials.
- Coordinates production of all program materials. This includes working collaboratively with the Instructional Design team on the production of workbooks to verify accuracy of content, and delivering within budgeted guidelines. Works collaboratively with internal stakeholders and printer vendors to prepare and distribute materials to include workbooks, certificates and pre- and post-program logistical information.
- Continuously monitors program attendance, attendee satisfaction as reported on the TMSI and program/product set-up, through internal platforms as well as online and in client communications.
- Collaborates with the enterprise sales team and the Manager, Educational Programs in the scheduling and programming of all SHRM educational program dates, locations and instructor assignments.
- Works with the Manager, Educational Programs and Finance and Accounting on the payment of all enterprise sales financial obligations and receivables.
- Provide overall department administrative support.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years’ experience in coordinating programs/events and/or projects or equivalent level of experience in project/program administration
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability and desire to work effectively in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet critical deadlines
- Ability to interact in a positive manner with stakeholders at various levels within an organization and display strong customer service skills, diplomacy, and tact
- Ability to understand and communicate quickly and accurately
- Technologically savvy. Specifically, knowledge or desire to learn about virtual learning platforms or LMS such as Adobe Connect, GoToMeeting, Blackboard, Docebo, or Litmos
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge or desire to learn about adult learning principles, training and professional development programs
- Ability to creatively problem solve
Let us know if you also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Education, Educational/Instructional Technology, Education Administration or related field
- Experience in adult education/training, event planning, project management, customer service, and/or program marketing
- Proficient in managing multiple synchronous educational programs simultaneously in different delivery channels (virtual, in-person, hybrid/blended)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly required to sit; talk and hear, use hands to type, file, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Visual acuity to use a keyboard, prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing, viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. This job requires occasional travel 0-10%.
The Society for Human Resource Management is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or TDD (703) 548-6990.