Junior Business Analyst
- Expired: July 12, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Jr. Budget Analyst serves as support for budget and forecast activities, general ledger accuracy, and metrics and drivers reporting, for the Finance team.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitor budget and forecasting entry and tracking systems and spreadsheets. Assist with all necessary budget and forecast templates.
- Maintain company Chart of Accounts and other budget related documents. Ensure this information is pushed out to program staff quarterly.
- Perform monthly review of expenses posted to the general ledger. Identify coding discrepancies and prepare necessary correcting journal entries.
- Assist with the preparation of materials, logistics, and minutes for committee meetings; follow up on Council and Finance Committee action items as needed.
- Analyze financial data to identify variances, opportunities, potential risks and issues. Present data and issues (quantitatively and qualitatively) in a way that is meaningful to business units.
- Maintain professional, complex metrics and ad hoc financial and operational reports.
- Support finance team and program staff with financial updates, projections, and other requests as necessary.
- Assists with developing and delivering metrics / reports, business process documentation, and special projects as needed.
- Assists with any financial or analytical tasks as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business administration, economics or a related field.
- Preferred minimum 1-2 years of related experience with analysis experience.
- Problem-solving and analytical orientation with high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated agility working with systems and reporting. Demonstrated beginners expertise in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft tools.
- Ability to communicate professionally, tactfully and effectively via phone, in person, and in writing.
- Customer service orientation with a collegial and collaborative approach to working with others across the organization.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to prioritize and allocate time accordingly, successfully completing multiple tasks.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies, activities, and goals.
- Ability to handle complex and confidential information with discretion and judgment.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts, such as pro-rated salaries, overtime and percent allocations. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished by written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must have knowledge of financial, budget, and database technologies and advanced working knowledge of MS Excel.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Society For Neuroscience
BusinessView all jobs at Society For Neuroscience