Resident Services Coordinator
Social Service Staffing & Recruiting, Inc. Oakland, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are hiring for a temporary full time Case Manager. Hours are M - F 9AM - 5PM with a 30 minute unpaid lunch. The Case Manager provides support services for a supportive housing unit for formerly homeless families. The Case Manager provides services and case management to his/her caseload and is responsible for service connection, information and referral, crisis intervention, community organizing, groups and activities focused on community building, education, or skill development, and housing retention. Services are provided within the context of harm reduction practices and a Housing First model.
- Provide housing/program retention services.
- Provide case management services.
- Create and track service plans.
- Provide activities for community building and empowerment.
- Provide services using harm reduction principles.
- Conduct intakes and ensure that appropriate follow-up and/or referrals are complete and documented.
- Provide ongoing creative outreach and engagement for supportive counseling, referral, and involvement in building and community events.
- Provide crisis intervention, conflict resolution and de-escalation services.
- Assist residents in preparation for unit inspections and/or annual re-certifications
- Participate in team meetings, staff meetings, department meetings and organizational work groups.
- Accompany residents to community based appointments.
- Develop and facilitate groups and community building activities.
- Provide back-up coverage for other Resident Services staff.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Two years of experience in the provision of social services or equivalent experience. Demonstrated ability to work with homeless or formerly homeless individuals and those struggling with substance use and mental health issues and disabilities.
- Ability to provide effective services to diverse populations.
- Ability to work collaboratively with referring providers in San Francisco.
- Experience in crisis intervention, conflict resolution, and counseling.
- Experience in organizing groups, group facilitation and group development.
- Demonstrated commitment to help break the cycle of homelessness and poverty, and to empower formerly homeless people by involving them in all aspects of the agency
- Strong commitment to doing social justice advocacy.
- Administrative and computer skills (MS Word, Excel).
Social Service Staffing & Recruiting, Inc.
We are a staffing and recruiting agency that specializes in social services. We hire BA, BSW, MA, MSW, LCSW, MFT, PsyD and PhD candidates for temporary, temp to hire and direct hire opportunities throughout California. We have part time and full time positions available, both direct services and management.