REMOTE DURING COVID
This program is dedicated to early detection and intervention for psychosis with a multi‐disciplinary approach to treatment. The program combines a series of evidence‐based treatments in Strength‐based Care Management, Medication Management, Multi‐ family Group Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Psychosis (CBTp), Individual Placement and Support (IPS) model of educational and vocational support, and Cognitive Remediation Training to address issues early and bring the symptoms to full remission. Clinical supervision is offered.
Evaluates needs of clients and develops treatment plan in coordination with others for individuals with mental, emotional, or substance abuse problems. Provide reliable and evidence-based assessment using the SCID diagnostic tool. Provide evidenced-based therapeutic interventions using adapted cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT for Psychosis). May also assist with family problems, risk assessment, suicide prevention, stress management, problems with self-esteem and assisting clients in applying for and obtaining other social services while providing a safe and supportive environment for agency’s clientele and adhering to laws regarding confidentiality and reporting requirements. Activities may include responding to potential program referrals, completion of intake documents, crisis intervention, case management, client advocacy, prevention, and education. The therapist maintains accurate detailed documentation in an electronic medical record system.
Program Specific Responsibilities
• Meet regularly with clients and their families at site or out in community (REMOTE DURING COVID)
• Conduct assessment interviews and diagnostic evaluations with clients and parents to develop treatment plans.
• Provide evidence-based treatment intervention (CBT for Psychosis), family psycho-education, multi-family groups, case management, and crisis intervention.
• Collaborate closely with community providers, including making referrals to other community and mental health agencies when indicated
• Maintain clinical records after each client contact or service, in accordance with mandated quality assurance standards for MediCal and MediCare billing as well as in compliance with Marin County Behavioral Health Care Services documentation standards.
• Meet all deadlines and comply with agency's documentation requirements and productivity standards.
• Work as part of a multidisciplinary team. Attend and contribute to team meetings and case conferences, providing client updates, discussing clinical issues and exchanging ideas.
• Attend all scheduled trainings and follow requirements to maintain competency in evidence-based practices, as indicated.
• Engage in outreach events, including psycho-educational presentations, open houses, and provide information about early psychosis to other mental health providers and general public as needed.
• Perform administrative tasks (i.e. chart completion, documentation, etc.), answer intake and referral calls, and perform other duties as assigned.
• A minimum of two years of direct service experience providing therapeutic interventions for an at-risk or mentally ill population required.
• ASW, AMFT, MFT or LCSW
• Familiarity with Marin County mental health services, community resources and TAY client population preferred.
• Ability to provide services in a variety of setting (i.e. conducting therapy in the community, library, or home).
• Knowledge of State and Federal requirements for documentation and reporting.
• Knowledge of Medi-Cal documentation standards required.
• Knowledge of Clinicians’ Gateway preferred.
• Open to learning and implementing Evidenced-Based Practices.
• Strong assessment skills with reference to the DSM-5 and well-developed interviewing skills.
Social Service Staffing & Recruiting, Inc.We are a staffing and recruiting agency that specializes in social services. We hire BA, BSW, MA, MSW, LCSW, MFT, PsyD and PhD candidates for temporary, temp to hire and direct hire opportunities throughout California. We have part time and full time positions available, both direct services and management.