This is a full time position managing 7 staff members at a residential substance abuse program. Clinical Supervisor will create the curriculum of group counseling sessions, co-lead evidence based substance recovery groups, including relapse prevention and CBT/DBT oriented groups, and supervise unlicensed peer support and certified staff. The Clinical Supervisor will function as part of the substance abuse treatment team. The individual will demonstrate skills and ability in promoting excellent patient integrating primary care and behavioral health. Responsibilities include acting as a supervisor, behavioral health resource, and consultant to the substance recovery team that includes certified addiction counselors, peer support staff and volunteers. The Clinical Supervisor will triage and manage mental health emergencies and crises. Approximately 60% to 70% administrative work vs. 30%-40% direct care hours. This person shares on call responsibilities.
- The Clinical Supervisor shall be certified as an AOD Counselor, with a certifying organization recognized by DHCS. The position shall be AOD certified at a level that allows the Clinical Supervisor to provide clinical verification of internship hours for AOD counseling staff.
- Clinical Supervisor shall have knowledge of AOD programs and must meet one of the following requirements:
- A minimum of Licensure in the State of California as an MFT, LCSW or doctoral level clinical psychologist and two years’ experience providing AOD services; OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a social service-related filed and three years’ experience providing AOD services, as certified AOD Counselor, at a responsibility no less than a Journey Level Counselor; OR
- An Associate’s Degree in a social service-related field and 4 years’ experience providing AOD services, as certified AOD Counselor, at a responsibility no less than a Journey Level Counselor; OR
- 6 or more experience providing AOD services, as certified AOD Counselor, at a responsibility no less than a Journey Level Counselor.
- Experience and knowledge of substance abuse treatment programs
- Demonstrated experience in supervising and training AOD treatment staff
- Experienced in outpatient and residential substance abuse treatment as well as detox protocols and services.
- Knowledge of applicable substance and mental health laws and ethical standards
- Experience with co-occurring disorders
- Experience with implementation of treatment interventions for diverse populations
- Experience supervising multi-disciplinary, culturally diverse teams
- Ability to assess, advocate for and provide interventions and treatment to clients in a group setting.
- Familiarity with psychotropic medications and experience working with patients on such medication.
- Experience and skill in evaluating and treating adults with mental disorders and stress related to trauma, poverty,
Social Service Staffing & Recruiting, Inc.We are a staffing and recruiting agency that specializes in social services. We hire BA, BSW, MA, MSW, LCSW, MFT, PsyD and PhD candidates for temporary, temp to hire and direct hire opportunities throughout California. We have part time and full time positions available, both direct services and management.