Pet Care Specialist
Social Pet is Charlotte's best choice for dog daycare, lodging, and grooming. We offer daycare options including small group play and one-on-one enrichment activities, a variety of comfortable lodging accommodations and personalized amenities, and Spa services ranging from a basic bath, brush and nail grind to a full pup makeover. At Social Pet, we exist to enrich the lives of dogs and the relationships they share with those who love them.
We are currently seeking candidates for Pet Care Specialist, an exciting position in which you will learn to safely manage group play, maintain a clean and safe environment, and provide excellent customer service to all of our pet parents. Pet Care Specialists have a genuine kindness, love, and natural respect for all animals. Responsiblities include ensuring continuous safety, consistent cleaning, and social interaction play time and affection with dogs. Social Pet is open 365 days a year, so a willingness to work weekends and holidays is required. Compensation includes hourly rate plus performance-based bonus once your training is complete. All Social Pet full-time staff have access to benefits, including health care, PTO, and Education Reimbursement. If you're a seasoned pet care professional with dog leadership experience, love ALL dogs and enjoy providing the best customer service experience possible, we want to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions:
- Greet parents and their pets entering facility with a smile and friendly demeanor
- Keep records organized and current in computer software.
- Observe behavior of dogs to ensure good play skills and calming signals are being used.
- Maintain even-tempered and friendly dog yard atmosphere.
- Petting and affection to multiple dogs ranging from 2-lbs to over 100-lbs at all activity levels (high and low energy) and be comfortable standing up for 100% of shift worked, walking with dogs.
- Shared role in duties, such as washing pet dishes thoroughly, do laundry and clean, organize, maintain, and disinfect accommodations, yards, and equipment.
Qualifications and Work Style Requirements:
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks and being able to follow set procedures and routines.
- Strong team player - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Initiative - Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities, challenges, and an eagerness to attend safety and animal care training as well as participate in workshops about being a productive and effective team member.
- Integrity - Job requires being honest and ethical.
- Self - Control - Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling frustrations, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in difficult situations.
- Communication Skills- must be comfortable communicating with fellow team members as well as updating clients about their pup's progress and needs as well as confidently advocating the benefits of the enrichment program when interacting with current and future clients
- Experience with and genuine kindness, love, and natural respect for ALL dogs
- Social Pet is open 7 days a week and we care for dogs 365 days a year. You must have weekend and holiday availability along with open availability throughout the year
- Comfort with basic technology
- Reliable transportation
Job Posted by ApplicantPro