Sports Management Internship
Soccer Shots Richmond, VA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
WHO WE ARE:
A national organization with opportunities across the country! We’re an engaging children’s soccer program with a focus on character development. Though we continue to grow, we are still a family business at heart-–we treat our employees like a team and the children we teach like our own. We train our coaches in leadership development, communication skills, early childhood education, and sports management. We are dedicated to providing high-quality, foundational soccer training that prepares children for a lifetime of soccer. Our goal is simple: to leave a lasting, positive impact on every child we serve.
WHAT YOU NEED:
Soccer Shots Coaches must love children and soccer. They should have reliable transportation, a soccer background, preferably coaching or childhood education experience, and must be at least 18 years of age.
The student intern will be required to handle and present him/herself in a professional manner, consistently arriving on time to assigned office hours, coaching sessions, and events. S/he will be expected to assist in the overall execution of a Soccer Shots season and participate in instructing Soccer Shots sessions, giving him/her experience in coaching youth and working with parents. Assignments may be given based on your interests in the following areas:
- Business Administration
- Business Development
- Coach Recruitment
- Human Resources
- Season Operations
- Soccer Programming
- Social Media / Marketing
RESPONSIBILITIES (can include but are not limited to):
- Coaching Soccer Shots sessions will be 50% of your internship including travel to locations
- The intern will be REQUIRED to have their own personal vehicle
- Safety-conscious, whose #1 priority is the safety of children under their care.
- Caring, engaging with each child through specific and positive affirmation.
- Organized, who plan ahead and are systematic in routine, conducting each session according to the lesson plan and working with children to maintain appropriate order for the age group.
- Responsible, who are committed to doing what is expected of them as the coach and "face" of Soccer Shots.
- Energetic, bringing Soccer Shots to life by creating a fun and exciting atmosphere that leads a child to smile and participate.
- Execute the overall scheduled Soccer Shots season
- Participate in interview/evaluation process
- Run Soccer Shots demonstrations
- Attend promotional events
- Create, print, and distribute registration forms and promotional materials
- Prepare and keep a record of equipment sets and gear for instructors
- Prepare and distribute seasons prizes and certificates
- Attend team meetings and all-staff meetings, as available
- Submit final report to Soccer Shots on experience
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT/WORKING REQUIREMENTS:
Functions in a temperature controlled office environment a portion of the time. Work requires the ability to sit, stand and walk throughout an extended workday (8 – 10 hours); position requires use of fingers, hands, and arms on a consistent basis for keyboarding and phone work; position may need to lift up to 50 pounds on occasion; excellent vision skills (with or without correction) are required. The standard office environment has moderate noise levels associated with computer equipment, customers and phone conversations. Position may occasionally have the need to be exposed to an inside/outside sports environment.
Functions in an inside/outside sports environment a portion of the time. Work requires the ability to run, stop, stoop, bend (a physical, exercise type regimen) in a minimum of 40-minute increments per session. Position requires use of hands, arms, legs, and feet and may include lifting up to 50 pounds on occasion. Moderate gymnasium like noises is associated with this position as well as excellent vision skills (with or without correction.)
The Soccer Shots internship will encompass a minimum of 240 hours over a 12-week period. The internship will include twelve consecutive 20-hour (minimum) work weeks for the duration of the internship.
During the first four weeks of the internship, the intern will be working closely with the Directors on preparing for the upcoming season -- scheduling instructors, running demos and promoting the season.
Once the season starts, the student intern’s focus will shift to executing the program by coaching 50% of their total hours of work per week.
WHAT YOU GET:
OUR CORE VALUES:
- We care
- We own it
- We pursue excellence
- We are stronger together
- We are candid
- We grow
BusinessView all jobs at Soccer Shots