Passionate, energetic, and fun-loving youth soccer instructors are needed to work with children ages 2 to 8 in the greater Tulsa area! Most important is that our coaches have previous experience with and an appreciation for young children. There is a curriculum to follow and equipment and coaching apparel is provided.
Soccer Shots operates year-round and offers four seasons: spring, summer, fall, and winter; each season lasts 8 to 10 weeks. We have private (daycare / elementary school / preschool) sessions in the mornings and mid/late afternoons Monday through Friday, and public programs (open to the general public) held on Saturdays and on weekday evenings; there are many different scheduling blocks where we could fit you in! Coaches are expected to be available and present for their particular time slot(s) all 8 to 10 weeks of the season, as the kids and parents are dependent upon the consistent leadership that our coaches provide on a weekly basis. You’ll be at the same location(s) at the same times each week, and we need you to be committed for the entire 8 to 10-week season.
The ideal instructor MUST meet the following criteria:
- Responsible: Arrives at least 15 minutes early to each session; comes prepared with lesson plan memorized; can handle a group of 10 or more children; keeps accurate attendance; communicates well with Soccer Shots Director of Coaching, etc.
- Professional: Neat in appearance; friendly and courteous with daycare / school staff and directors / principal and parents; self-assured and confident.
- Enthusiastic: Must enjoy interacting with young children (2–8 years old); able to connect with children and to communicate on their level. You must be very outgoing, animated, and able to be silly with the children. There is no room for shyness or reserved behavior; we need ENTHUSIASTIC coaches!
- Soccer: Soccer experience is preferred, however, if you are great with children and have some basic familiarity with the game please apply.
- Experience with YOUNG children: Must be able to engage and interact with 2-8 year olds, and have experience doing so. This is very important.
- Reliable PERSONAL transportation and valid driver's license: reliance on public transportation, ride sharing, or alternative forms of transportation (bicycle) has been shown to be highly unsustainable given the locations at which we work.
- OK State-Required Clearances: Candidate must be able to provide clear OK state clearances and clear FBI fingerprint clearance upon acceptance of an offer of employment.
Instructors should also be willing to perform other duties as requested in order to to help drive our Vision, fulfill our Mission, and abide by our Organization’s Values, including assisting with paper flier drop-offs and placing yard signs around the area.
Compensation starts at $18/session for coaches. Each session is 30 to 45 minutes in length, depending on the particular age group.