Soccer Shots is positioned as the best-in-class children’s soccer program with a focus on character development, for ages 2-8. We also look to develop motor skills and teamwork. Our goal is simple: leave a lasting, positive impact on every child (whom we refer to as friends) we serve. We want Soccer Shots to be the BEST 30 - 45 minutes of each friend’s week. Soccer Shots is a national program with over 170 territories across 34 states.
In 2017 Soccer Shots Memphis was started with the desire to serve children and families through the game of soccer. Using the world's most popular game, we were given the opportunity to form relationships and invest in children in ways that are far beyond just the game of soccer. In Soccer Shots Memphis time, we have been amazed at the stories and experiences we've shared with families all over the the area as we work together to provide a long-lasting and positive soccer experience for our soccer friends. SSMEM runs sessions Monday through Saturday at preschools and parks all over the Memphis, Arlington, Cordova, Bartlett, Germantown, Collierville and surrounding areas, all year round.
This position will work closely with the Director of Coaching, Executive Director and will report directly to the Program Director of Soccer Shots Memphis. The Program Coordinator will be integral in maintaining a quality program with superior customer service. Our goal is to provide a beloved growth experience for every child and a remarkable experience for every family. To do this, we want to ensure that every parent that participates in our program and every school we partner with have a remarkably positive experience with Soccer Shots. The Program Coordinator will spearhead initiatives and activities to ensure that this is accomplished.
The Soccer Shots Memphis Program Coordinator will undergo performance reviews at the following intervals. These reviews will include evaluation of performance as well as goal-setting for the next period.
- First Review: 90 days after hire date
- Second Review: 6 months after hire date
- Remaining Reviews: Every 6 months for the duration of employment
Position Responsibilities are as follows but not limited too;
- General Office Support
- Maintains office - Cleans, organizes, and stocks office and bathroom
- Maintains office calendar
- Coordinates group pictures
- Assists in staff events, including routine meetings as well as special events- prepares conference area and other spaces for these events
- Represents Soccer Shots at school open houses, events, etc.
- Helps prepare seasonal marketing item - registration forms, final reminders, posters, brochures, etc.
- Prepares and assembles season prizes
- Assists in equipment set preparation, distribution, and collection each season
- Assesses inventory of equipment, prizes, and supplies and submits necessary orders with SSF, as needed
- May serve as a contact person for school directors and parents
- Assists in customer communication- prepares newsletters, conducts NPS surveys, etc.
- Social Media - manages Facebook, Instagram, etc. as necessary
- Assists Program Director with management of enrollment website
- +/-10 sessions each week
- Assists in new coach orientation, reviewing policies with new coaches
- Maintains coaches’ files- background checks, instructor contracts, signed non-competes, signed safety sheets, signed policy sheets, other payroll information, evaluations, etc.
- Salary: $27,500
- Benefits: This position does not include medical or retirement benefits. Paid vacation is available as approved by the Executive Director of Soccer Shots Memphis.
- Training: Soccer Shots Memphis will pay for all training expenses incurred during required training.
Physical/work environment requirements:
Functions in a temperature controlled office environment a majority of the time. Work requires ability to sit, stand, and walk throughout an extended work day (8-10 hrs.); position requires use of fingers, hands, and arms on a consistent basis for keyboarding and phone work; position may need to lift up to 50 lbs. on occasion; excellent vision skills (with or without correction) are required. The standard office environment has moderate noise levels associated with computer equipment, customers, and phone conversations. Position may occasionally have the need to be exposed to an inside/outside sports environment. Requires reliable transportation to get yourself to schools in the Greater Memphis area.