Director of Food & Beverage
- Posted: 4 days ago
The Director of Food and Beverage is responsible for overseeing the operation and staff of all food and beverage departments on property and to maintain the highest level of standards and efficiency.
- Manage day-to-day department operations within budgeted guidelines and to the highest standards.
- Analyze information concerning F&B operations such as daily beverage sales, patron attendance, cost-of-sales, and labor costs to prepare and maintain budgeted targets for operation.
- Analyze operational statistics and financial results to budgeted goals; make recommendations to improve profitability to the General Manager.
- Oversee proper scheduling of personnel including master schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective vendor relationships.
- Assist in product selection, price negotiations and menu development.
- Monitor sales results and make recommendations for product changes/ enhancements.
- Establish inventory par and coordinate product orders.
- Identify customers’ needs and respond proactively to meet and exceed service expectations.
- Lead F&B team by attracting, recruiting, training, directing, and appraising talented personnel.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations, ensure staff is trained with safety guidelines, and ensure compliance with policies, procedures, and STGC regulations.
- Develop menus and pricing and evaluates regularly to ensure guests’ needs are met.
- Ensure excellent quality products and services are delivered.
- Must be physically present to work a regular, reliable, and predictable work schedule in accordance with business demands, and maintain a consistent and regular attendance record.
- Other duties as may be assigned from time-to-time.
- Manage hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, motivating, and coaching team members.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform job duties, demonstrate excellent work habits, deliver superior service to internal and external guests, exhibit the highest degree of professionalism, ethics, and integrity, and comply with all governing policies and procedures.
- Employ positive communication skills and exercise professional interpersonal abilities (tact, diplomacy, and respect) with guests and co-workers at all times.
- Maintain a high degree of professionalism in the workplace, including appearance, communication, attendance, reliability, and teamwork.
- Maintain a high level of organization, including an orderly and neat work area and excellent time management skills, leading to the highest levels of productivity.
- Demonstrate a desire to succeed and willingness to help others succeed.
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the position and demonstrate proficiency in the position requirements.
- Demonstrate support and comply with all Safety program elements including: adherence to policies, exercise of safe work practices, participation in training, use of protective equipment, and reporting all safety concerns, hazards, and non-compliant practices.
- Participate in open communication and provide feedback to management regarding operations, staffing, personal development, and operational productivity.
- Serve as a contributing Team Member of the Soboba Band of Luiseño Indians enhancing the Casino’s operations in all its business endeavors.
Education / Qualifications
- Must be 21 years of age, or older.
- High School diploma or equivalent, required.
- Culinary school diploma or degree in food service management or related field, preferred.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in a Food & Beverage Senior Management role, required.
- Must have experience overseeing multiple locations; preferably within a gaming establishment.
- Excellent interpersonal, guest service, leadership, communication, analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills, required.
- Experience in opening new locations/venues, a plus.
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS).
- Up to date with food and beverages trends and best practices.
- Must be able to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the United States of America.
Certificates, licenses and registration
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Soboba Tribal Gaming Commission license.
- Required to submit to and obtain negative results on all drug and/or alcohol testing.
- Ability to obtain and maintain County of Riverside Food Handlers Card.
- Ability to obtain and maintain TIPs (Training for Intervention Procedures) Certification.
Soboba Casino Resort Benefits
Full-time team members are eligible to participate in a variety of group health and wellness benefits upon timely submission of appropriate enrollment forms. Coverage effective dates vary by plan and additional information will be provided to you during New Hire Orientation. Benefit offerings may change from time-to-time, but presently, Soboba Casino resort offers the following:
- 401k Plan
- Basic Life Insurance employer paid ($20,000) with the option to purchase Supplemental Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental & Vision paid for the employee
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program (Annual Health Fair, Wellness Education, and Incentive Programs)
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
Soboba Casino Resort Team member Recognition including, but not limited to:
- Reward and Recognition Program (Quarterly, and Annually)
- Team member Incentives
- Free Team member meal
AddressSan Jacinto, CA
FoodView all jobs at Soboba Casino