COMPANY BACKGROUND: SoLa Impact is a family of real-estate funds with a double bottom line strategy focused on preserving, refreshing, and creating high-quality affordable housing in low-income communities. SoLa's proven track record leverages data-driven social impact strategies to deliver superior financial returns. SoLa Impact’s most recent $100 million Opportunity Zone (OZ) fund invests in designated OZs in South Central Los Angeles, Watts, Compton, and other historically disadvantaged communities. SoLa Impact offers a fast-paced environment that is intellectually challenging, yet very rewarding for someone looking for work with real purpose and profound social impact. SoLa Impact is positioned as a leader in the Opportunity Zones (OZ) sector, representing one of the most exciting new frontiers of real-estate and social impact investing.
JOB SUMMARY: The dynamic, resourceful, and entrepreneurial mindedFinancial Analyst will support SoLa’s financial reporting and analysis in acquiring, developing, and managing real estate investments. This role will provide a qualified candidate the opportunity to be involved in aspects of real estate finance ranging within development and asset management. The Fund acquires 8-12 multifamily buildings every month and manages 10-15 ground-up development projects at a time, so the volume and pace are significant. The candidate must be able to develop/document better processes and be adept at identifying root-causes and fixing recurring issues.
- Develop and maintain Excel-based financial models, trackers, and spreadsheets to monitor, analyze and report on performance of portfolio investments.
- Support the acquisitions and development team by conducting pro forma analysis, preparing investment memorandums, and presenting investment recommendations.
- Assess, critically evaluate, and report the existing and potential operating characteristics of projects (revenue, expenses, capital expenditures, tenant credit, leases, etc.).
- Research and present new data that is key to the Funds’ performance and growth.
- Prepare quarterly updates alongside senior management to report to investors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics, accounting, real estate, or related field.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience. Though extensive work experience is not required for success in this role, the ideal candidate will possess a set of superior quantitative and qualitative reasoning skills, a keen eye for detail, and the willingness and ability to learn quickly and on-the-fly.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Advanced/expert ability in Excel is a must.
- Strong capabilities in financial modeling and market research.
- A solid understanding of finance/accounting principles and best practices.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Analytical, detail-oriented, quick thinking and resourceful – must always be willing to dig deeper to find the right answer.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with others to utilize their resources and knowledge to identify quality solutions.
- Possess a strong interest in affordable housing development and making a difference in the community.
- Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Leave
- Medical and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with company match
- Training and Professional Development Program; Opportunity for growth
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Lunch provided weekly; Snacks provided daily
- Great Culture! Team building! Fun interactive company events and social activities!
- Collaborative team sharing a passion for social impact and Doing Well by Doing Good
SoLa Impact is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SoLa does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color,sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications,merit, and business need.